bilge pump repair questions

mtblackdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
102
I just fixed the switch and fuse problems I thought was causing my bilge to not work. But now I have juice at the switch and the bilge is not working. It is a submersible similar to a Rule 2000. My question is how to test the pump to go from here.
 

tommays

Admiral
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
6,768
Re: bilge pump repair questions

If your sure you have 12 volt + and - supplyed to the pump thats pretty much it.<br /><br />I have taken them apart before BUT the way there built does not really lend itself to DIY repiar :( <br /><br /><br />tommays
 

jch7450

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
230
Re: bilge pump repair questions

If you have power to the pump and a good ground, dont' wast time on it guy a new one, there dirt chaep. and you will sleep better at night knowing the boat is on top of the water
 

mtblackdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
102
Re: bilge pump repair questions

yeah that is what I thought.
 
Top