bilge blower ??

layzeeboi

Cadet
I already have a bilge blower in my boat, but its not working. Thats not the problem since my dad knows how to fix that, but my question is where are you suppose to mount or place the blower/inline blower? I have read some of the post on iboats that some people say mount it close to the bilge as possible, but if i do mount the blower near the bilge wouldnt it suck or blow the pull the bilge water into it too? Here is the bilge http://marinesurvey.com/yacht/bilgepmp.jpg Where am i suppose to put it ?

quick question would the bilge area be filled with water? or no? because im am new to boating and never went out on a boat before. And i dont want this first time out be my last.lol Can anyone show me some pics? because i understand a lot better with pictures, i always have problem following when i dont understand anything about boat? PICTURES WITH DEFINITELY HELP!

wake2wake

Recruit
Re: bilge blower ??

OK first off sorry, i don't have any pictures at the moment, but ill see if i can find some in the morning. but I know the factory place in my boat is just to the side of the engine, and it is at the same height as the bottom of the engine. It is right by the Motor Mount. It is not all the way at the bottom of the bilge, but it is within about 8 inches. Hope this helps!

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

The blower can be mounted anywhere it's convenient. You must, however, have the end of the inlet hose for the blower below the engine and the exhaust needs to exit outside of the boat in a rear facing vent. There should be very little to no water in the bilge.

BeaufortTJustice

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine is mounted near the side of the engine, several inches up on the transom. There would have to be about 12-15 inches of water in the bilge area for it to come close to the blower. That would mean the bilge was completely full and then some. There is about a foot of hose that extends down from the blower and sits on the top edge of the bilge. I have a sundeck layout in my boat, so my engine compartment is huge, but only the center part is recessed into what is known as the bilge (below the motor). It drops down about 10-12" from the deck level. My blower is just above the deck level with a short section of hose that peeks over the edge down into bilge.

Hope that helps...I'm at work, so I can't take a pic right now.