Biggest gun you ever fired

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
I figured with the military guys here we could get some big ones.<br /><br />Lets do two categories, first one for guns that only require a single operator (rifles, hand guns, etc). Second category for the guns that require a team (tanks and artillery).<br /><br />Only guns that fire a cartridge.<br /><br />Ken

ehenry

Commander
Re: Biggest gun you ever fired

300 win mag, 45/70 and I can tell you this....I got no desire to fire either one of them again. I'll stick with my 25.06.

ob

Admiral

50 caliber machine gun mounted on the 04 level aboard ship.It'll shake loose any dandruff you got.

gaugeguy

Captain

m198.jpg
<br /><br />155mm, reach out and touch them from 5 miles away.

tylerin

Commander

My Red Ryder, she kicks like a mule

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Was lucky enough to get to pull the trigger on a 16" .50 Caliber main gun when I served on USS New Jersey (BB-62), but that is a projectile and powder load, not a cartridge.<br /><br />
Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> 155mm, reach out and touch them from 5 miles away.
Try from 27 Miles. :D <br /><br />Largest personal weapon was a .50 Muzzle Loader. It about broke my shoulder.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Absolutely worst recoil I ever felt was a 12 gauge 3" magnum punkin ball slug load I fired from a single shot break action Winchester Mod. 37A, hard plastic butt plate, me in light jacket shooting from kneeling offhand. That hurt derned bad.

LadyFish

Admiral

My grandfather's 12 gauge shot gun, but figured you'd all call me a sissy. I have no idea about the details, I was pretty young.<br /><br />All I can say is that my shoulder was bruised for a week along with me ego after getting knocked on my butt.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I used to own a Chinese assualt rifle called a SKS I believe. I forget the dimensions of the shells. Something like 3.62 x 19mm?<br /><br />My 12 gauge shotgun hurts more than anything I own. I'm kind of skinny though and feel it right to the bone. Not much flesh to buffer the kick. I've spit 8-shot out of the fried hind legs of many a squirrel due to that gun.

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have shot a few rounds from a 50cal BMG before,off a bench using a bi-pod now that thing will rock your world.<br /><br />as for a handgun i have shot a 454 casull talk a bout a punch now that thing just hurt.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

On my shoulder: 25mm chain gun. The ammonia from the charge burns your eyes after more than a few.<br />A 475 H&H rifle several years back that seemed like holding a 2X4 on my shoulder while someone smacked the other end with a 10lb sledge.<br /><br />Not a gun, but the funnest of all was firing "standard" SM-2 missiles from an Aegis cruiser. Bang-woosh....roar.. with a big tail heading out for a 60+ nautical mile cruise at mach something from marginally sub-space to nail a poor airborne object. More fun than T-hawks.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

biggest pellet packer - Ithaca Mag 10 w/32" barrel.. weighs in at a metric ton and is justifiably collecting dust as I type this..<br /><br />rifle - Beretta Express O/U .458 Win Mag ... <br /><br />R.I.P.

ndemge

Commander

8" hand fired Fireworks shell, does that count?

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

My Barrett 50 BMG bolt action.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /> Was lucky enough to get to pull the trigger on a 16" .50 Caliber main gun when I served on USS New Jersey (BB-62), but that is a projectile and powder load, not a cartridge.<br />
Capt. Kidd - the USS New Jersey had a very impressive history - and those guns are monsters!<br /> <br />Which years did you serve on her ?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

20mike gattling gun from 2500ft. Gunships are soooooooooo cool..... :)

f_inscreenname

Commander

45/70 The shells are so large you can hear the powder shake around inside them.I would also shot it again if given the chance. I now have medical insurance to have my shoulder put back in place.

SoulWinner

Commander

In the army I fired an M-50, M-60, and I had a 203 Grenade launcher on my M-16 HBAR. The M-50 was the coolest, it shock my around so bad that I couldn't hit anything with it.<br /><br />Bomar, you have a Barret 50? Man, that is the rifle of my dreams. How does it fire????

Fly Rod

Commander

:) most recent years!!<br /><br /> shoot 30-06!!! :D <br /><br />1187 remington slug gun!!! :D <br /><br />It's all the fire power that I need!!! ;) :cool: