Biggest (and longest) deal of my career . . .

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Biggest (and longest) deal of my career . . .

The joint venture is for a specific CAT branded truck and I am not clear what limitations there are for using other Nav and Cat engines. Right now it is a C15 long block with a Nav fuel sytem. This engine will also be available in Nav trucks and is called the Maxxforce 15.

Currently our deal is for the Maxxforce 13 which is actually a MAN design but licensed to and built by Nav. All Nav engines going forward are Nav completed (or manufactured), with their fuel system and emissions certified by them. A little confusing, but some are designed and cast etc. by Nav, and some are designed and cast by others, some are partially assembled by others. All are completed, branded and certified by Nav.

nlain

Commander
Re: Biggest (and longest) deal of my career . . .

Well now QC, that means that the heavy truck dealer I work for could be selling your product in a couple years in our Navistar store. Congratulations on the deal.

Navistar and Caterpillar did go into a joint venture, Cat is now out of the truck engine business, we had them in the GMC Meduim Duty trucks and the Ford Medium Duty trucks and of course in the Navistar trucks. Navistar will be building a Caterpillar dump truck that Cat will sell. I do not remember all of the details of the JV right now but that is part of it. Navistar is to handle the truck engines in some way, I am thinking new and reman parts and reman engines. I say this because our Navistar store has lost Caterpillar engines also, which means there will not be any in Navistar trucks anymore.