BF10 Gear Rod Assembly broken

ShedLife

Recruit
Hi
I have a couple of issues …. trying to replace the impeller on my BF10 (long shaft), I got to the gear rod nuts to separate top from bottom.
The bottom nut moved easily, but the top nut was stuck. I gave it a bit of pressure and something gave way.
So I now have a stuck nut, and a broken assembly at the top that usually holds the gear rod.
Anyone know how to:
1. shift the nut (it seems to be rusted solid and I am struggling to get to it), and
2. where to buy a new assembly for the top part (gear shifter, choke, etc)
Thanks

rocknroj

Cadet
Ever figure it out? If you are talking about a bf100 (thats the blue body 10hp) then I may have the parts laying around. I do not think you can get that stuff new anymore.. If I remember correctly, the rod is disconnected at the shift lever rather than disassembled.. Sounds like you messed with the length adjustment.

ShedLife

Recruit
Ever figure it out? If you are talking about a bf100 (thats the blue body 10hp) then I may have the parts laying around. I do not think you can get that stuff new anymore.. If I remember correctly, the rod is disconnected at the shift lever rather than disassembled.. Sounds like you messed with the length adjustment.
Thanks for your response mate.
It's a long shaft, which is silver. I am that google engineer guy, so followed the instructions but couldn't free the 2 nuts on the shaft.
See pictures for more info ... if you can assist, that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 07.58.31.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 07.58.31.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 07.58.05.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 07.58.05.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

km1125

Chief Petty Officer
If it is like mine, then there's a pin that holds the top of the shift rod in place. There's a little cotter pin holding this pin in. They are a PITA to remove because there's not a lot of space in there to get to it.

Attachments

• honda_shift.jpg
    honda_shift.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 3