Better way to install new pontoon furniture.

Pegimarie

Recruit
Hey everyone I'm new here.
Has anyone ever thrown an old mat or rug on the ground and left it there for some time and when you decided to pick it up on a dry day you noticed all the moisture and worms and whatever else was under there. So I try to think ahead for a better way of doing things. These new seats just like the old ones I took off the plastic base sits flat on that new and expensive floor you just put down trapping water so I am planning on putting one inch square aluminum tubing between the base and floor for air circulation the new floor should last a long time as long as the boat is stored dry. It will cost a little extra but the floor should last a long long time.

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class
I had some 3/8" rigid flat plastic stock. Using a 1 1/2" hole saw I made discs to use as spacers. Of course depends if you have carpet. My new flooring is vinal.

Pegimarie

Recruit
I had some 3/8" rigid flat plastic stock. Using a 1 1/2" hole saw I made discs to use as spacers. Of course depends if you have carpet. My new flooring is vinal.
That sounds like a good idea honestly I think if you can get the furniture off the floor just a little the water will dry up much faster. Our old floor had carpet so we are going with vinyl also. I like the carpet but I think it holds too much water.