Better to sell a florida boat now or wait until spring

bamafutbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
i found a slightly larger boat than the one i have now (mine is 20'6" and found a 22'), but thats not the point. the question is "when is the better time to sell for maximum $$." being in florida where boating is year around, when do you have more boat buyers, late summer when people are looking for the bargain or in early spring when people get that gotta have the boat fever. just not wanting to waste alot of money on gainesville classifieds or ebay unless its the time of year to sell. the sellers boat is not on the market, its one of those "when you want it , let me know and its yours"

btw- been through 14 motorcycles, 12 cars/trucks/suv's, 5 jet ski's, and on my second boat hoping to make it 3, still on original wife and kids and plan on keeping that one the same

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Better to sell a florida boat now or wait until spring

btw- been through 14 motorcycles, 12 cars/trucks/suv's, 5 jet ski's, and on my second boat hoping to make it 3, still on original wife and kids and plan on keeping that one the same

are you kidding???? sell the wife and kids and keep both boats ! :D

thats td's area and he in the keys for a week or so.....he is allways on cl scoping for deals......florida is a different market than a typical winter summer mode......but i would have to guess to wait till after the hurricaine season is over

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would start now. In sept. people start returning from the north and will be buying boats that they leave down here. Right now my neighborhood is a ghoust town this summer but will start to change big time in the fall. Tough selling market right now but these people seem to have the money. FRED

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

I don't see amy reason to wait to start marketing it.

Boats sell here all year long.

Besides if you can afford to wait then you can afford to put it out there and wait for the right buyer, right.

Good luck.