Better move to Texas if you are not already here!

Twidget

Commander
Re: Better move to Texas if you are not already here!

The electric grid is self sustaining. To my knowledge, we are the only state that is self sufficient in electricity. <br /><br />According to a study was done in the '80s, if Texas were an independent country, we would have the 8th ranked economy. Not bad for one state.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Does that mean I have to root for the Cowboys? :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry eurolarva, but they will either be Mercs from Fond du Lac or Bombardiers from Sturtevant. <br /><br />No Forces.<br />Heck, If I'm stealin a truckload of ob's, I'm gonna replace my Force with one of them.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

well, I could be wrong but, I believe that Minnesota is also self sufficient in the power catagory.. <br /><br />If I'm not mistaken they help support 10 or 11 states too.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

minysoda has lectricity? <br /> dang what will them furriners thank up next.<br /> :) <br />yall hav a nyce day now yahar

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The movie Fargo really gave us Germans a bad rap. Hell Fargo isnt even in Minnesota. Yeah Barlow we have tons of electricity and tons of lakes unfortunatly Minnesota always votes Democrat. I was wearing my Dont be a girlyman vote republican tee shirt today at the polls and they made me cover it up. Oh well at least everybody in line got to see it before it became a concealled weapon.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I'm trying as hard as I can to move to Texas! <br /><br />Now, if I could only find a job there!

KaGee

Admiral

Thanks so much for the offer Mrs. LF. It appears that we have staved off the revolution for hopefully 4 more years.<br /><br />At any rate thanks for your hospitality, ya might want to keep a light on for us,,, just in case!<br /> :p

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hate to burst your bubble, but wasn't that matter settled 140 some years ago. ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

As a sovereign nation at the time, when Texas agreed to the U.S. government's invitation to join up, they retained three rights not available to any other state:<br />1-the right to leave the union & return to sovereign status;<br />2-the right to split into as many as five individual states; and<br />3-the right to fly the Texas flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.

mattttt25

Commander

i was talking with a friend the other day about this thread. he's from texas. he said all of this was true, but that at the time, the u.s. also agreed to pay off a huge debt that texas had from a war (can't remember which one). At the time, it was something like $30M or more. So if texas were to leave, the u.s. would probably force them to pay back their expenses, with interest. lots of $$$.<br /><br />would be fun to watch the u.s. suck texas dry and turn them into another mexico. route 10 just left me with bad thoughts of that state.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> would be fun to watch the u.s. suck texas dry and turn them into another mexico. route 10 just left me with bad thoughts of that state.
OMG
15.gif
I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.<br /><br />Next time you come through this state get off I-10 for a spell, see a few sites, go to the coast, and you'll see what a great place Texas really is.

mattttt25

Commander

i'm sure you're right, lf. i get the same thing with the jersey turnpike.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> As a sovereign nation at the time, when Texas agreed to the U.S. government's invitation to join up, they retained three rights not available to any other state:<br />1-the right to leave the union & return to sovereign status;<br />2-the right to split into as many as five individual states; and<br />3-the right to fly the Texas flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html <br /><br />Is Texas's the only state flag allowed to fly at the same height as the US flag?<br />No, this is an urban legend. All state flags may fly at the same height as the U.S. flag. The U.S. flag must be on its right (the viewer's left), however. Texas's laws are consistent with those of the other states. See Texas flag code.

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nothing against your state, But the last time I heard anything about Texas was in bootcamp, and my D.I. said the only things that came from Texas was Steers and *****s and he said my buddy did'nt have any horns on him.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Only thing I got to say is......<br />GOOD thing you guys won.<br />Texas would have benn awfully crowded :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thats ok PDS, only RATS eat cheese. :)