Best Prop For a 454 Rinker Capiva?

xenus7850

Cadet
I have a 1992 Rinker Captiva 23.6' with a 454 Bravo one, 310 HP I think. It currently has a 21 pitched Quicksilver Stainless Steel Prop I believe. It now does 49 MPH on GPS and runs about 4900 RPM's to achieve this. I did this with 5 people in the boat, with a total weight of about 950 LBS. Any idea what the best prop for speed would be? I am thinking of going to a 23" or 25" prop, but not sure what this would do for me.

tmh

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Best Prop For a 454 Rinker Capiva?

Well, I think maybe you need to tell folks what you're willing to sacrifice to achieve more speed. Most likely, going up to a 23" in a similar prop would get you a bit more top end, but you'd suffer some on the hole shot i'd think. How is your hole shot now and do you care about it one way or the other - obviously if you do water sports it matters quite a bit.

Does your bravo 1 have a 1.5:1 gear ratio? If so, something is wrong with your numbers as that would indicate a very high slip percentage. Calc link: http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm
Maybe your tach is reading a bit high???

I'm guessing that one of the SS prop experts can give you a specific model once you refine what you're looking for. The Quicksilver SS is more ofa low tech one, right so maybe one of the big $$$ SS props in a 23" will get you a noticeable improvement on the top end.

prop experts? Can you help out with specific props? Xenus, read some of the Walleyehead prop test results in the "sticky" threads hre, it might give you some ideas.