best place to sell my 1976 9.9 outboard and a 15 hp carb?

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I hate the ebay way since they charge you fees up front and again after you sell. By the time thet collect all of their fee's, you've lost most of your money.<br /><br />I have an electric start 1976 9.9 with ALL new ignition parts (both coils, plugs, points, condensors and pick up coil), water impellor, thermostate and gaskets and lower unit seals. Both cyls have around 90 psi of compression. <br /><br />I also have a carb from a 1989 15 that is freshly rebuilt.<br /><br />Any ideas how much each item is worth? Where is the best place to sell this kind of stuff?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Randy<br />ntoracn@yahoo.com

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: best place to sell my 1976 9.9 outboard and a 15 hp carb?

I sell stuff often on ebay and I dont think the fees for outboards are too bad . Its when you sell a car or boat that it cost you too much. <br />I just sold my 1985 40 hp evinrude for $1,026 last week on ebay(top dollar!. Ebay charged me about $38.00.

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the help reddog349. Mine is cleaner than that one, but a little bit lower on compression. I love this little motor, it has sooooo dependable. I got a bigger boat and had to get a bigger engine.<br /><br /><br />Randy<br />ntoracn@yahoo.com

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fast- checkout my old auction which has ended <br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556458527 <br />.This may give you a idea on how to list/sell it. Start the price at like $1.00 .You will get more hits and more bidders fighting over your item resulting in high bids.Add a reserve to protect your investment and take only cash or paypal . Money order can be forged and checks bounce .

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If I may ask, how much will it cost you in the end to sell this item? The last time I sold some stuff on ebay, I had to pay a fee to list the item, then they sent me another bill for the stuff after I sold the items. I appreciate your guidance.

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Or you can sell it here http://www.blujay.com for free. Your ad lasts 180 days. Really if your not in a rush and you want to sell a fixed price. I've sold lots of stuff like an inflatable and camera lenses. It uses Googles Froogle service to bring customers to your items. You also get 4 photos free with each ad and unlimited free ads. Its all 100% free. I guarantee you'll sell it on blujay.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fast ,<br /> are you asking about the 40 hp I just sold? As I said above about $38.

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class

reddog349- Sorry, youanswered my question and I totally missed it. I guess that's not to bad. What type of shipping is the best to use for this type of product, UPS, Fed EX, Roadway......?<br /><br />boatster-thanks for your help. I will try this first and do the ebay thing as a last resort.<br /><br />Randy

phatmanmike

Captain

i smell a poof...<br /><br />anyways, ebays fees are justafiable. they are cheeper than if i sold it in my local paper. and i always get more money.
I hate the ebay way since they charge you fees up front and again after you sell. By the time thet collect all of their fee's, you've lost most of your money

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

lost most of your money ??? things on ebay usually sell for way more then expected. 2% of final sale is not most of your money.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fast - It depends on the size and weght of the outboard .My 40 hp was picked up by the buyer (take only cash on pickups) but I offered shipping via roadway because of its size. You might be able to crate it up and ship it fed ex if it isnt to heavy.

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Myoutboards- What is a proof? I appreciate your advice on local sales being better, thats how I bought the motor last year. Last year I sold some Landcruiser parts on ebay (my first time selling there) and I was upset when they sent me a second bill after my auctions ended and wanted another cut of the money. Why do they have to collect twice, I think ebay is greedy.<br /><br />wayne34609- It seems the only things that sell for more than they are worth, are the things I want to buy.LOL<br />I figure I've lost my money when someone sends me two bills for selling one item. As I ststed earlier, I think they are greedy. Why not just charge you once? No, they see you sold something and you have more money than you had yesterday and they want part of that too. Thay do offer a great, targeted market.

ntoracn@yahoo.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class

reddog349- Thanks again for ALL of your help.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fast - ebay charges a listing fee which can vary depending on your listing choices and options. The second bill is for the "final value fee" which is base on final price on most items. I dont consider it a ripoff