Best Paints for your $$?

Erik4e

Cadet
I have read thru many threads, and will soon be doing some painting of my own on my old bass boat. I was wanting to hear some of your ideas on the best brush/rolled on paint for both top/bottom for your money?

zach103

Commander
Re: Best Paints for your $$?

ive really like how Perfection comes out.. i just used brightside on mine. (Next Project thread) and i really like it but it seems to be soft.. could be just drying still tho.. .. I tried the roll and tip and i HATED IT.. i thought it stunk.. you can see all these lines everywhere.. so i rolled and than folllowed it with another clean roller. seemed to come out really nice

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I used Easypoxy on mine and it was effortless to put on, covered well, and finished out like a new penny!!:) This is the only paint I have used so I may be a little biased, but I really like how it turned out.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I bought a HLVP spray gun from harbor frieght tools on sale for $15, bought some Rustoleum Marine Coatings paint at Menards for $12 and it turn out fine. I think it would have been better if it woulf have been warmer out when I painted it.

I've read other threads involving other brands of paints and it seems that the thinning of the paint to get the paint to flow and level properly is key even w/ roll and tip application especially when working in colder weather.

Good luck

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Endura 2 part is bullet proof epoxy paint. 1 quart of A and one quart of
B (hardener) runs about $100.00 here in Canada.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Dollar for Dollar,... It's pretty tough to beat Rustoleum....