Best Movie car chase

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I don't believe this has been posted before. If so, I apologize. But I just have to say the best car chase I've seen in a movie is the one I saw tonight. Bourne Supremacy! Just awesome! A must see movie! Now this ain't no Dude movie. Its a Bassy movie for sure,dude! :D

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Best Movie car chase

the original blues brothers. that chase at the end is great, so many cop cars smashed!

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by lark2004:<br /> the original blues brothers. that chase at the end is great, so many cop cars smashed!
Agreed. Nothing else comes close.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by lark2004:<br /> the original blues brothers. that chase at the end is great, so many cop cars smashed!
Oh yea! Hard to top that one.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Personally I liked the Glastrons flying over the cop cars in that Bond film. Okay, so it's not technically a "car" chase entirely. So shoot me.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

All time favorite - "Bullitt" - nothing like a chase in San Francisco w/ Steve McQueen behind the wheel.<br /><br />By no means a classic - "The Italian Job" chase was darned good.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Was there car chases in "Gone in 60 seconds"<br />If not, it was still cool.<br /><br />I'll have to go with the Blues Bros also.<br /><br />Or how about that poor Sheriff chasing the Bandit.<br />That poor guy and his stupid son. :D

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

The bike chase scene in the Matrix reloaded, where the twins are chasing Trinity.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep<br /> blues brothers and the bandit<br /> both were funny :) and low on the fake explosion scale :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

This is a tough one.... Bullitt was great and also the car chase in the Seven Ups was good. Being in the special effects business I am more of a purist. Real cars, real chase scenes, real explosions and no Computer Generated Effects.<br /><br />Bob

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

There were lots of crazy stuff in "MAD MAX". <br /><br />WillyB, the movie you are thinking about is Live and Let Die, excellent boat/car scene. Especially when the boat dives into the cop car.

tylerin

Commander

All of the above. "The Driver" w/ Ryan O'Neil wasn't to shabby either.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There's a B or maybe C or D grade movie from the early '70's that had some good stuff: Vanishing Point.<br /><br />Only saw it once, at the movies, in the early '70's.<br /><br />Bloke is driving across America at speed, and maybe on speed, and has various high speed problems.<br /><br />Ends with him crashing into a couple of D9's or some other bulldozers put across the road by the cops to stop him.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Bullit.<br />All else pale by comparison.<br />McQueen did all the stunt driving himself in that movie, too.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Bullit is by far my favorite but the Lethal weapons flicks had some good car chases.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

One of my favorites is in a Robert DiNero flick called Ronin. Movie is about 6-8 years old and it really is great.<br /><br />Bullit sets a high water mark.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Anyone remember the car chase in the "French Connection"? Always liked that one.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Definitely "Gone is 60 seconds"....Eleanor is a beast!!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Blues Brothers #1<br />but the second Matrix movie was definitely up there. The only reason it was not as good as the BB’s was the special affects. Dont get me wrong they were very cool but BB’s did it old school.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Maybe not the best, but the opening chase scene in Cannonball Run with the black Lamborghini was pretty sweet. I want one of those cars.