Best love song ever is:

SoulWinner

Commander
Ok, I wanna do a poll, but first I need some help. I wanna do a poll to see what is, by iboater standards, the best love song ever. It can be a song like "Smokerings in the Dark" or "He stopped Loving Her Today", or like "I Miss You" by Clymaxx, (heartbreak songs) or a regular love song. <br /><br />I submit: "Annies Song" by John Denver. That one still makes me sniff.<br /><br />Then, what I plan to do is, take the responces and make a poll of them to see which one is most popular. The more the better. Thanks for contributing.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Best love song ever is:

Any Country Western song played backwards :)

SoulWinner

Commander

That's a good one Link. How bout "Heard it in a Love Song" by the Marshal Tucker Band? Play it either way, it's still the same.

ehenry

Commander

Keith Urban - Memories of Us<br /><br />Niel Young - Harvest Moon<br /><br />John Kilzer - Memory in the Making

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

"The Dance" by Garth Brooks is my all-time favorite Love Song.<br /><br />Others are<br />Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me<br />Little Texas - What Might Have Been

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Eric Clapton-Wonderful Tonight<br />Michael Stanley-Why Should Love Be This Way<br />(I know who the he!! is Michael Stanley???)

Twidget

Commander

Amazing Grace is the ultimate.<br /><br />For more recent songs what about Bad Company, Feel like making love.

LadyFish

Admiral

I agree with efhenry "Keith Urban - Memories of Us".

Drowned Rat

Captain

Bryan Adams. "Die for You" I think that's it. From the Robin Hood movie??<br /><br />"Amazed" Lonestar>> My Favorite<br /><br />"I Will Always Love You" Dolly Parton. I love her voice. Whitney Houston version was pretty good too.

ehenry

Commander

Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman<br /><br />I forgot that one ! !

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Moody Blues<br /><br />"Nights in White Satin"<br /><br />Bread <br /><br />"If"

gaugeguy

Captain

I love you just the way you are...Billy Joel<br /><br />You've got a friend...James Taylor

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

'Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone" (by Roy Clark) <br /> <br /> ...enough said... <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

"Somebody" Depeche Mode<br /><br />Not a very well known song but if you get the chance listen to it. I've yet to meet anyone who did not go weak at the knees.

D

DJ

"Close To You" Carpenters.<br /><br />Karen Carpenter had a beautiful voice. Her "range" of voice was unbeleivable.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Bass man "Every time you go away" was Paul young. <br />Big 80's hit...nice song. GG "You've got a friend" JT,(one of my all time favs),had his only #1 with that one.....written by Carole King.....And to think of all the classics HE wrote not to reach #1. :confused: