Best hitch protector?

FLATHEAD

Captain
Up here in Canada, I would just as likely end up in jail if I used a gun in self defense! Esp if the other person turned out to be unarmed.
Good chance you’d be in trouble here in the states as well. At the very least it will cost you dearly in legal fees and settlements. There is a reason that self protection insurance is a thing these days. I could say more but don’t want the thread shut down.

Reactions: KJM

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Good chance you’d be in trouble here in the states as well. At the very least it will cost you dearly in legal fees and settlements. There is a reason that self protection insurance is a thing these days. I could say more but don’t want the thread shut down.
Never heard of self protection insurance, thats really a thing?

FLATHEAD

Captain
Never heard of self protection insurance, thats really a thing?
Absolutely. It covers your legal cost if you’re in a situation where you had to use your CCW. Very, very high probability you’re gonna need it.

Expidia

Commander
I have lived in a 98% safe community since 1974. Have not had any problem whatsoever. However, when I built my house I equipped it with a security system that alerts me even if the sump pump overflows. Security is simply feeling secure.

Back in the 1960's when I was in college, I had my car broken into twice. Both times I was only away from it for a few minutes. The crooks work fast. Of course, insurance paid most of it.

In 1971 I got a carry permit and have been protecting myself ever since. No problems so far, but I am prepared. I don't do warning shots. I have factory ammo and I am trained. If I am ever accosted the perpetrator won't sue me. Maybe his heirs, but he won't be around, nor have a second chance to accost someone else.
Of course the liberal run sanctuary city/county where I live won’t allow me concealed carry. But my son lives in the next county over from me and he has a cc permit.

airshot

Rear Admiral
The majority of the time when a legal gun is used for self defense, no shot is ever fired !! Never hear that on the news.....just the appearance of self protection normally stops the attack, but that isn't a juicy story for the media.

FLATHEAD

Captain
The whole thing is a slippery slope. I’ve had my permit for 30 years and never had a reason to exercise the reason for it. It’s a HUGE responsibility. It would have to be a matter of life or death for me to brandish a weapon. Guy breaking into my car, or running out the door with my TV, etc. not gonna pull a weapon. It’s not a threat. When your out and about situational awareness is your best defense, not your pistol.

airshot

Rear Admiral
The whole thing is a slippery slope. I’ve had my permit for 30 years and never had a reason to exercise the reason for it. It’s a HUGE responsibility. It would have to be a matter of life or death for me to brandish a weapon. Guy breaking into my car, or running out the door with my TV, etc. not gonna pull a weapon. It’s not a threat. When your out and about situational awareness is your best defense, not your pistol.
When someone threatens you or your wife or tries to steal her purse or take your vehicle, the show of a weapon will normally send them running but you need to be prepared if they don't run. Mine has saved us on a couple occasions without ever firing a shot. When a thug broke into our barn, a shot into the ground stopped them dead in there tracks. Different situations call for different approaches. Most criminals have no interest in an armed person, they are looking for people that fear them. Situational awareness is number one defense, use it wisely !!

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
If I am getting robbed I will run away. If I believe my life is in danger, I'll pull out my gun and stop the threat. But I guarandamtee you the guy won't survive.

I would rather have to hire a lawyer to assist me than have my family pay for an undertaker.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Don't make it easy for the crooks, they will most always look for easier prey!!
I always make sure they will have to work for it if they want it !!

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Don't make it easy for the crooks, they will most always look for easier prey!!
I always make sure they will have to work for it if they want it !!
THAT's the key. Most people just don't use common sense. Most of the trailers in the lot have no security. Put a simple lock on yours and you won't have a problem.

FLATHEAD

Captain
Expedia would be losing his mind!
After an early morning on the lake I pulled out and spotted this SUV among the trailers in the lot. No one around. I loaded my gear and messed around for about 20 minutes. Nope nobody that belonged to that suv. Guy must have left it open or hit the open button on his key fob. Im ready to roll and still debating weather or not to close it.