Best finance options

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have no problem taking a loan out on a car or boat as long as the interest rate is less than what I am making on my investments. That's one reason I started taking social security at 62...I make WAY more than 8% on my real estate partnerships that i go into.

I have a truck with a 1.9% interest 4 year loan...that's almost free money and no way would I pay that off early.!

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lol. Unless your investment strategy is bank robbery or pyramid schemes, that ain't gonna happen...
I never said that was my plan, it's something I've made a living of. There are many many legel investment opportunities where you can make those types of returns or better. For me, it is happening year after year my friend. Learn To trade the stock market, flip real estate etc...

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You can hit the lottery also. Probably would involve less risk than whatever you're talking about.
Stock market! Very low risk when you put in the effort to educate on the matter. Say your playing with $100k. Some days you make 50%+. Some days you make 2%. Never do you loose more than 1% in a day. So to keep it simple and use a realistic number, say you gain an average of 3% each trading day. Not compounding but just using the original $100k to re invest daily. That is an average $3k per day profit. 256 trading days per year. You will make $768k profit per calender year as a minimum.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Stock market! Very low risk when you put in the effort to educate on the matter. Say your playing with $100k. Some days you make 50%+. Some days you make 2%. Never do you loose more than 1% in a day. So to keep it simple and use a realistic number, say you gain an average of 3% each trading day. Not compounding but just using the original $100k to re invest daily. That is an average $3k per day profit. 256 trading days per year. You will make $768k profit per calender year as a minimum.
Wow! You do better than professional money managers!

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
US bank seems to carry a lot of Personal toy type loans interest is comparable to any I have found. Progressive seemed to be the best price on exact coverage for insurance so look into both of them.

Finance or not is your business. I Didnt actually start making money in business until I had a marginally large amount financed and I wasnt going to be able to buy a boat to carry me 100 miles from shore by writing one check. So my boat is financed as well. Now that ive graduated to a boat of this caliber i know the price of the boat is really not even part of the equation its all fuel lodging and fishing supplies the boat is more like the starting line:)

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Wow! You do better than professional money managers!
Not even close! They are playing with millions or billions of dollars and playing a different game. They typically play very low risk growth stocks where they will hold the shares for days or even years. Their game is slow consistent growth with astronomical numbers. The theory I presented is to risky to play when you are responsible for others money, and can't be played with much more than $100k due to market liquidity. Playing momentum plays, I'll be in and out of a play in seconds to minutes and very rarely a partial day.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
You're out of your mind. Market averages 7%/year. Good luck Buffett.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not even close! They are playing with millions or billions of dollars and playing a different game. They typically play very low risk growth stocks where they will hold the shares for days or even years. Their game is slow consistent growth with astronomical numbers. The theory I presented is to risky to play when you are responsible for others money, and can't be played with much more than $100k due to market liquidity. Playing momentum plays, I'll be in and out of a play in seconds to minutes and very rarely a partial day.
My friend worked for a company that designed their own integrated circuits to run programs that do timed trades faster than any investor and they can't even make that kind of money. They don't do huge volumes

I have plenty of smart friends that do the "day trade" game. Almost all of them lose money in the long run. Of course, when you have a bull market like we have had for the last 12 years, hard not to make money.

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You're out of your mind. Market averages 7%/year. Good luck Buffett.
I truly sincerely mean no disrespect at all whatsoever! I feel like you may be the guy who goes to a doctor and then tells him his diagnosis is wrong based on your webmb search.

There are many many many different trading theories and styles. Yes the overall market growth is in th 7% range you stated. That is what you may expect if you but a stock and hamg on to it. However, every day, there are a several dozen stocks that gain in the 10%-20% range and a handful that exceed that and run up to and well over 100%. It's called day trading momentum plays.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I truly sincerely mean no disrespect at all whatsoever! I feel like you may be the guy who goes to a doctor and then tells him his diagnosis is wrong based on your webmb search.

There are many many many different trading theories and styles. Yes the overall market growth is in th 7% range you stated. That is what you may expect if you but a stock and hamg on to it. However, every day, there are a several dozen stocks that gain in the 10%-20% range and a handful that exceed that and run up to and well over 100%. It's called day trading momentum plays.
You still have a day job or do you do this full time?

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You still have a day job or do you do this full time?
Yes I do. I work 4 10's at my normal job and run a fishing busines on the side. My trading only requires 20-60 minutes on week days. Typically my trading day is done by 7:30 am pacific time.

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Why work if you're making millions/year?
I'm not making millions. $750k per year minus capital gains tax. It's not even close to millions. Plus you can't count on the stock market to forever be like it is today. New laws, tech and any other thing that impacts the economy has the potential to change the market in a way that what I do will no longer work. I work because I love what I do, it make my community a better place and it will long outlast the stock market bubble.