best engine oil for 200 hp ocean pro

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Re: best engine oil for 200 hp ocean pro

No engine oil - only 2-stroke TCW-3 rated - mixed 50:1 with gasoline. Anything from Wallmart cheap o lube to Super duper $26.00 a gallon oil is available and fine for use. If ya got deep pockets buy the high dollar oil. If not get the cheap stuff.

Others here will swear the good stuff is better some will say it doesnt matter get the cheap stuff. Me I'm in the middle - I buy Penzoil Synthetic Blend - $15.00 from Wallmart.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Did they start selling Penzoil blend at W-M again?

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Our local store has the blend and the full synthetic. The blend is usually sold out though :(

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I need to stop by and check the local stores, it seemed like they discontinued it for a while.

pafisher1234

Seaman Apprentice

I'm not talking about mixed fuel. I mean for the external tank that supplys the motor. Will that still work?

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Yup. The external tank supplies 2-stroke oil to the fuel pump. It automatically mixes it at 50:1 as it pumps.

Typically you either pre-mix as you fill or use the onboard oil tank. Not both. If the boat is new to you ensure the automatic mixing is being used. Some people mix it themselves as they feel one day the automatic mixer part of the fuel pump may fail and they disconnect the tank.

If your tank is drawing oil this is not you. Did the previous owner tell you to premix?