Best cleaner for white seats

meheron

Recruit
I have a 2005 Bayliner I purchased used, seats have mildew stains and other stains that I have no idea what it is. Any suggestions on cleaning them. I'm realistic that they aren't going to look new, would just like to clean them up some. I had some success on with Magic Eraser but hope that someone has a better suggestion. Thanks for the help.

Rotorpilot1969

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Best cleaner for white seats

I've also used a bathroom cleaner with bleach or bleach white with a SOS kitchen pad. Rub gently and you will be amazed.
Any steel wool would work.

Thalasso

Commander

I've also used a bathroom cleaner with bleach or bleach white with a SOS kitchen pad. Rub gently and you will be amazed.
Any steel wool would work.

SOS pads/ steel wool on vinyl? You really aren't serious are you?

oldjeep

Admiral

303 vinyl cleaner and never ever use a magic eraser on vinyl - might as well be using sand paper

Rotorpilot1969

Seaman Apprentice

SOS pads/ steel wool on vinyl? You really aren't serious are you?

Go find you a old moldy cushion and try it if you don't trust me and test it. No need to apply much pressure, just a lite rubbing.

rick3452

Petty Officer 1st Class

After you clean them up, go to any auto body supply store and buy a couple of cans of S.E.M Vinyl paint and spray them… They will look brand new. Google SEM paint and watch the video's….

Rotorpilot1969

Seaman Apprentice

SEM is amazing stuff. O'Reilly's auto-parts carries behind the counter. Ask for it.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

Mean Green is good, but I've found Zep Orange Degreaser to be good enough to remove paint from hands better than commercial hand cleaners. I've also found Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to be great. I just bought StarBrite bird and spider poop cleaner from West Marine, but have not had time to use it. And toilet bowl cleaner is also supposedly great stuff if you cannot get the stains off.

My problem is pinhead stains left over from spider droppings. The stains are about unremovable from my Ivory seats that are the same color as Aston Martin's white seats..