Berryman's Chem-dip question

cal1319

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys! I have a 1982 Johnson 70hp (J70ELCNB) that I am going to be cleaning all three carbs. I have watched the youtube videos and read the fourms... including the secret files on carb cleaning. I plan on removing the carbs, taking them apart and soaking them in the chem-dip overnight. My question is do you have to remove the throttle lever link retainer? It is the only bit of plastic I believe to be on these carbs. The few videos I saw they did not remove these before soaking. I just thought Id ask people with real experience before doing so. They are really expenisve for a tiny bit of plastic and would not like to ruin them (either by trying to remove them or by soaking and destroying them). Thanks for all your help as usual!

little mfg

Seaman
I just used Berryman for the first time on some aluminum castings. Did a great job. My parts cleaner brush was plastic (maybe nylon). No negative results. It works great but doesn't seem too caustic.

cal1319

Seaman Apprentice
I just used Berryman for the first time on some aluminum castings. Did a great job. My parts cleaner brush was plastic (maybe nylon). No negative results. It works great but doesn't seem too caustic.

Awesome thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it!