Bennington vs. Avalon

Mlzimmer

Recruit
I am new here. First Time boast owner. What would you recommend? 2023 Bennington, L series, 22ft, 150 HP , raised helm, but not particularly in love with the color. or 2022 Avalon Catalina, 23ft., 200 HP , love the color. All other ammenities are about the same. Both are tritoons. Price is within a Few thousand dollars of each other, Bennington being slightly more. We also looked at Sylvan, and Crest and narrowed it down to these 2.

ahicks

Captain
I'm not sure how wrong you could go with either boat. The only thing I'm left wondering about would be lifting strakes - used to help get the boat up out of the water so you can get some speed out of them.

A center 'toon with slightly larger diameter than the outers, that would allow the boat to lean into a turn, might also be attractive.

Mlzimmer

Recruit
I am new here. we will be first time boat owners. What would you recommend In choosing between these two boats? (1) 2023 Bennington, L series, 22ft, 150 HP , raised helm, but not particularly in love with the color (2) 2022 Avalon Catalina, 23ft., 200 HP , love the color. All other ammenities are about the same. The Avalon has a few extras That we are not sure we would really use, but nonetheless are there —-ie, changing station, built in trash can, upgraded stereo …..Both are tritoons. Price is within a Few thousand dollars of each other, Bennington being slightly more. We also looked at Sylvan, and Crest and narrowed it down to these 2.

MRS

Commander
I would do the Avalon little more room and more h.p. I have a 20ft. pontoon took the pop up changing station out for more room never used it.

Mlzimmer

Recruit
I would do the Avalon little more room and more h.p. I have a 20ft. pontoon took the pop up changing station out for more room never used it.
Thanks! Yes, I don’t think we’d ever use the changing station or the built in trash can as it’s under one of the seats with the headrest…. I think we could use the storage more as well. Just wasn’t sure……we are new to the boating world and every keeps telling us Bennington was the best, but we like the features and build of the Avalon, but again, we are new so we really don’t know what we are looking for…..

Mlzimmer

Recruit
I'm not sure how wrong you could go with either boat. The only thing I'm left wondering about would be lifting strakes - used to help get the boat up out of the water so you can get some speed out of them.

A center 'toon with slightly larger diameter than the outers, that would allow the boat to lean into a turn, might also be attractive.
Thanks!

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
both really nice toons, i have been on both on my small lake 500 acres. do both have same manufacture of motor. that would be my deciding factor