Benningtion Warranty

g4olfer

Cadet
Was told that Bennington was sold and would no longer honor any past warranty's only on brand new boats purchased from now on. Anybody have any info on this????????????

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Benningtion Warranty

I work at Bennington and just got off the phone with the head of customer service and he said that is absolutely not true, if you have a bennington boat and it is still under warranty it is covered.

Now Southwind and Azure were sold and they are no longer covered btu all our pontoons, if still under warranty are covered.

g4olfer

Cadet

Thanks for the information, I live in Nebraska and purchased my boat in Tulsa Oklahoma because they had what I wanted. I just took my ski tow bar to a dealer in Omaha Ne and was told my warranty was void due to the purchase. The dealer I bought it from is now trying to get me my part and just told me the warranty is still good. Now my problem is what to do because the dealer in Omaha won't work with me. Next closest dealer is 4 hours away, dealer in Omaha is 2 hours away.

Chad

badbird

Petty Officer 2nd Class

so is Bennington still Bennington ? the way I understand the post is they sold off other brands
I sure hope so because they were very nice people that really liked what they do and treated customers very well
Ron

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Yes we are still Bennington, it was essentially a paper purchase, if they hadn't told us no one on the ground would have noticed except our paychecks say Pontoon boat LLC, there were literally no other changes.

It is actually for the better because now we are focused on what made us who we are which is pontoon boats.

We were previously owned by company people and an investment firm from Boston, we are now owned by an investment firm from LA with the CEO-President of Bennington holding a majority share.

And yes, customer service is still king, we understand if you want a repeat customer you have to take care of the ones you have, we aren't interested in selling you A boat, we want to sell you and your neighbors and friends there next 3 boats and the only way to do that is to take very good care of customers.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

hey 5150abf, do you know anything about bennington purchasing the sugar sand molds?

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I am in the weld shop so no, I honestly couldn't tell you what a sugar sand mold is.

As far as I know we sold all the molds with Azure and Southwind.

rschap1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Appreciate any updates or info regarding Azure warranty coverage.
Getting tossed back and forth with Bennington, Sea Fox, and Cruisers all pointing their fingers at one another:(
Thanks !!!

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Can't help you there, I am on the Bennington side and honestly was in the Azure plant once for maybe 10 minutes, nice looking boats but I do aluminum not glass.

As far as what happens to warranty with Azure boats I don't have a clue

oops!

Supreme Mariner

this is a two year old thread... please start another/