Belly To big. Added tilt to helm

Gun Dog

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
265
Took the boat out on the river two weeks ago for a striper tourney. It was about 30 degrees. I had on many layers to keep warm. I sat down behind the helm and my belly was up tight against the wheel. It was hard steer. A bit tight. Come to find out it wasn't the belly but the cold weather made the semi seized cables even tighter. Time to replace the cables. At the same time I decided to add a little tilt to accommodate the expanding gut. After some research I decided to replace the old Detmar rack system with a new OM Teleflex SSC141 rack and a 20 degree wedge kit. The helm required enlarging the dash hole to 2-1/4". so some added support was necessary. The O/B had to be removed to install the control arm end. Other than that the install was straight forward. What a system! feels great. Hats off to Jim at Teleflex. He was a champ answering all my questions. That alone was worth selecting Teleflex.
 

Attachments

  • 077r.jpg
    077r.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 076r.jpg
    076r.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0
  • 083r.jpg
    083r.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 073r.jpg
    073r.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 0
  • 078r.jpg
    078r.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
Top