FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Bell Housing Removal to do bellows Alpha 1 Gen 1
I see what your saying! Ok will i have the Bell off, and the gimbel bearing and exhaust bellows off. how do I replace the shift bellow? need to remove on of the ends of the cable so i can slide the new bellow on. Which end and How? I see a hex screw on the shifter mechanism that goes into the outdrive. do i have to unscrew or screw that into the bracket?
Re: Bell Housing Removal to do bellows Alpha 1 Gen 1
Thanks for the responses so far! I got the shift cable bellow on. Didn't realize that you had to undo the two small brass nuts on the engine side of the cable!