Been a long time...Now it's Kawasaki Jet Skis.

seanable

Cadet
...Things have changed since Ive been gone. No more manuals? Bummer. I need help. I just aquired two Kawasaki Jet Skis. One is a 1989 Tandem Sport, and the other a 1995 STS. They had been sitting in a backyard near Oakland, Ca. since 2009. The seat covers are dust, and Im sure I am in for some extensive fuel system work...would anyone care to tell me what else I will have to look at? Batteries are a given...This is my first hands on PWCs. I have extensive motorcycle experience, and a lifetime of bringing cars back from the dead...boats too. In fact I was able to refurbish my thunderbird cuddy with the help from this forum back in 2009. Sure miss that neat old craft.
Where do I get parts? Seat covers? things of that nature. Should I mix my own fuel or rely on an oil injection system (which may fail and burn up an engine)?
I really want to get these machines running...they look like a lot of fun for the wife and I.
Oh, the engines look great. no corrosion, etc. The exteriors...not so much. I dont really care about looks, just so long as they run and are reliable.
Thanks ahead of time!

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Compression teat is the first thing to do…after you put a bit of oil down the bores and get them turning over