Been a bad week here

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
First my 3 year old daughter has been sick with a cold. 2 days ago her fever spiked and wouldn't come down. She has seizures when she gets a fever, so off to the doc with her. She had a small spot of pneumonia and bronchitis. Her pediatricion is about 55 miles away. Joy of small town life.<br />Yesterday son age 18 months had an appointment with a dermatologist (also 55 miles away) to look at a large mole on his leg from birth. They cut a chunk off for a biopsy, looks like skin cancer. Will know more next thursday. Now he has 3 stitches in his little leg.<br />Today daughter got worse, so back to doctor with her. Turns out she now has full pnuemonia and will be on a nebulizer every 4 hours for a month. She had RSV real bad when she was a baby, and has had bad poblems with colds from then on.<br />To top it all off my son had surgery last week to have a tube put back in his ear, and had his adnoids out. <br />Good news is the weather is about warm enough to go fishing!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Been a bad week here

TOUGH STUFF DD---Those little ones suffering that way saddens me.From what I see here they are fortunate to have such loving,caring parents.My prescription is to give them mass quantities of boat time and hope for the best.<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING DREAMS<<<<<<<

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

hang in there, dd, that can really wear you out. Try to get yourself some down time - you can't be your best for them if you get too worn down.<br /><br />we'll keep a good thought for ya.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Like jt says, hang in there and pace yourself.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tough times, DD. :( <br /><br />I have found that the strength of bonds with family is directly proportional to the toughness of times you have shared.<br /><br />There are great times ahead. Hang in there. :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Sounds like rough times DD. Hang in there, it'll work out, and good luck to your childrens health.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Our prayers are with you also. I had to have tubes in my ear till I was 12 the best part is my hearing, I could hear everything.Now I want them back in. I constanty have fluid in my ears with allergies. God bless<br />Serenity

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> <br />To top it all off my son had surgery last week to have a tube put back in his ear, and had his adnoids out. <br />
Best Wishes for your Daughter DD. My Son 4 1/2 years, as well had a tube replaced and the 'noids done. Was about seven weeks ago. He was a very noisey sleeper and Doc claimed that the noid surgery would help breathing. Seems to have gone OK for him. <br /><br />Was your Son having symptoms sleep related to remove the noids?

sangerwaker

Commander

Soryy DD. Tis only temporary, better times a comin soon!

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Those stitches on that little leg must be heart rending for you. Best wishes from my house to yours.<br /><br />Jinx

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

They say bad luck comes in 3's. Sounds like you should have had your share for a while. Best of luck. m.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I remember many weeks like that, if they don't kill you, they will make you stronger. Hope all turns out well. Stay safe.

Carphunter

Commander

Sorry to hear DD, always tough when the little ones get sick. I'll be praying for you and your family. Things will get better.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

DD, I hear about others with kids like this and I think my lucky stars how healthy my kids are.<br /><br />The 2 yr old has only been sick twice with 105 fever, and it didnt even slow her down. She was well the next day after seeing the doc. My 8yr has old been sick 3-4 times his whole life, and only once with a high fever.<br /><br />My friend's son has had the tubes in ears and tear duct several times, and they found a tumor in his nose. He is only 3.<br /><br />Ken