Beautiful USA

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all-
Long time no hear, heh?
I've just got to share with you the last two weeks. We took 5 days taking in the sights of our northern states on our way to a famiy reunion in South Dakota. One word... breathtaking! Starting Point is Central California. Yosemite(Tioga Pass), Logan Pass(Utah),Jackson Hole(Wyoming)... More Wyoming:Grand Tetons(all full of snow), Yellowstone(The Artiste Point-Oh My Gracious!), All the rock formations all through until The Big Horn Mountains ( Wow!) and then to Custer State Park, Douth Dakota. If anyone wants to see some of God's country, you've got to see this part of the USA. Its a must see and I'll definitely be back to see them. Plus the people are friendly and the food is awesome!
So, what a time!
Bassy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Beautiful USA

Welcome back Bassy, hope all is well.

You have seen some of the best there is.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey girl, welcome home.
When I was OTR, I would take the "North" route through that part of the country and yes, it's is priceless.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hello Bassy..... great to see you check in!

We have basically wrinkled up in the eastern half of the US due to all the rain lately!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Bassy! :)

Great to hear from you.

That is indeed a route through some of the most breathtaking country on the planet. Took a trip pretty close to that route a few years back with one of my grandsons. Wonderful memories.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Nice to see you stop by Bassy;):)......................Did a few of those areas (Grand Tetons, Yellowstone,The Big Horn Mountains Custer State Park).a number of years ago. As they say around here. m's right purdy sights...m'r...........;):):)

gonefishie

Commander

Did you ever go on that Mississippi River cruise you were talking about awhile back? That would be one of the thing to do on my bucket list, starting in Minnesota and end at the Gulf.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey ya everyone-
Its nice to be remembered and thank you for the hellos.
I'm glad to see some of you have experienced the North US experience. You know what 'm talking about.
I got my pictures back and I swear some of them look fake they're so beautiful. If I can figure out how to scan and post I sure will.
Gonefishie-
Yes, Mom and I took the barge trip on the Ohio River in 2006. It was 10 days of fun and lots of sightseeing. The Mississippi is on the list, but this year sure wouldn't have been a good year. My thoughts are with all you folks effected by that.
Well, Mom and I are headed to Cape Cod tomorrow for a week in the time share. Can't wait for all our Early Colonial History in Boston and that area. The teacher in me just eats up all this kind of fun.
Take care and happy summer.
Bassy