bayliner

Crupi

Seaman
hello . i have a 1988 bayliner 19 foot the floor and the console boxes have wood rot.. iam going to have to replace this stuff what iam woundering has any one out there every remolded a bayliner.. iam thinging of doing it differnt then factory any ideas would be helpfull?

kev_alaska

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: bayliner

Crupi, I have not taken on the job you are describing, but many on this site have. My suggestions:<br /><br />1 Gather up a couple sandwiches<br />2 Augment with some adult beverages<br />3 Go to the top of this page and hit SEARCH<br />4 Key in "rot" or "stringer repair"<br />5 This will give you enough information to completely go through your project and will show several different approaches. <br />6 Thank whoever posted the method you choose. <br /><br />I have read many items on these procedures from members, and it is obvious that they know what they are doing...Good Luck<br /><br />Kev_Alask***

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have replaced floor, used treated 3/4 plywood, and painted marine paint, two coats each side, this was about 5 years ago, and I would stake my life on this floor today. Over kill perhaps!? I to have a Capri...."Boat Of The Year" 1988. Keep her inside, runs like a top. I have 1990 88 hp Evenrude to boot. Learned alot here on how to maintain, love this board, many many good people. Can ask anything, within reson and get excelent replies.

Crupi

Seaman

cool thanks i also noticed that the wood frames on the consloes r bad to did u have to replace any of that? and if so was it very tuff, i am a chop gun runner at sea ray boats so i do know alot about it,, just wanted some info before i started tearing it apart lol,, i will prolly wait till winter to do the wood and all i want to keep fishing now tho

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

No, did not have to replace the console, just floor. This boat had been left out in the elements for 3 or 4 yrs, with no cover. Very lucky just floor was eatin up. Paid 1000.00 for her. Took a chance on the motor, which turned out to be in very good shape.