Bayliner seat replacement

unbtabl

Seaman
Has anyone ever used the wise deluxe lounge seats in a Bayliner Capri? Mine is a 1996 Capri 1950. I'm needing to replace the lounge seats and am curious if the deluxe lounge seats from wise will fit or am I stuck with using the more expensive bayliner replacement made by wise. Thanks for any input/advice.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I always use standard lounge seats, when replacing the OEM. The cost savings are a lot, and the difference in quality is small. Also, Wise makes two color seats, which can add to the appearance of the boat, as OEM seats usually have at least two colors in them.

There is usually a sale on the seats at the start of the season.

rlamothe

Seaman Apprentice
I used the wise seats in my ;87 bayliner. I went with them because my bayliner had build in seat bases and these seemed to be the only option. I was happy with these however due to a clearence issue they would not lay flat. I had to trim a small piece off the bottom with a dremel and they worked fine.

unbtabl

Seaman
I used the wise seats in my ;87 bayliner. I went with them because my bayliner had build in seat bases and these seemed to be the only option. I was happy with these however due to a clearence issue they would not lay flat. I had to trim a small piece off the bottom with a dremel and they worked fine.

Which seats did you use if you don't mind me asking? The ones listed for capri, from what i've read, are for pre-1995 boats. Mine is a 1996. bayliner.png bayliner2.png

oldjeep

Admiral
I used the ones on the bottom right when I redid an old Bayliner - 87-89? I just threw away the new bases

rlamothe

Seaman Apprentice
I used the one on the top left. The white and navy. They were build exactly like factory except plastic instead of wood. I'm not sure how your seats mount so i cant really give you better guidance on what works for you

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
i dont understand why does the editor blocks

Mod EDIT: it should not be surprising that the host of this FREE forum blocks competitors names and links

Last edited by a moderator:

roffey

Commander
probably not your editor, they look to be competitors of IBoats

fractalphreak

Recruit
My son and I are just about finished rebuilding a 1983 1952 Capri. We were originally going to dispense with the original factory made (plywood) seat bases and purchased the Wise Deluxe Lounge Seats, mainly due to cost. We purchased the seats long before we were ready to finish all the rest of the interior because we got them on a sale. We later decided to go with a different color option, and at that time ordered the Wise Premier Back to Back Lounge with Z bar. Here is the exact model number from iboats that I ordered.
Bayliner Capri and Classic Back-to-Back Lounge Seat with Floor Base, White-Blue - Wise
Your Price: $318.99
Save: $88.00
(21% Off $406.99)

Part # WD1225-0031

There is another Bayliner seat you can order which does not come with the base, but DOES come with the factory plywood-and-pipe style mount that will fit in the base built into your boat. (or at least should, you might want to call iboats to compare the length of the aluminum pipe which fits the two slots in your seat base.)

The Z-base seat will not fit the factory built in base as is. You have to remove/retain the plywood-and-pipe mount from the bottom of your existing seats and mount it to the bottom of the new seats.

Here is a link to the Wise web site directions for mounting the three types of lounge seats they make. (Note to mods, this is a link to the manufacturer who does not sell to the public. The iboats site does not have this bit of info on it.)

http://www.wiseseats.com/#!lounge-seat-installation/c2099

The top seat is the first one I bought. Note these seats are made to fold out from one end, not both ends simultaneously like the Bayliner seats do. The middle one is the factory Bayliner design. A critical dimension as I noted above is the length of the aluminum pipe that goes from one slot to another, but this can be replaced if you are handy. The bottom one is the Z bar base, which is meant to use the supplied base and mechanism but mount on a flat floor with no factory seat base. It folds out both ends like the factory Bayliner seats do. I liked the color design of the Z bar seat, so I bought it and added my Bayliner plywood-and-pipe mount so I could use them with the old factory style base. I also found the Bayliner seats are larger, more padded, and have a higher quality (thicker, plusher) vinyl than the cheaper seats. (Go figure!)

I can put up additional measurements or pics if you'd like.