Bayliner Capri hull structure

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks. I stripped the insides out of a Capri 16'. The seat boxes and floor down to the stringers. Consoles are still in place but the fwd floor is cut out. I notice different thickness of layup in and around the seat boxes like the boxes themselves were an intended component of the basic hull structure. Maybe the consoles connecting the hull to the floor, bulkheads and stringers is designed in for structure as well. I'd like to know if the hull would need to be reinforced by more than new stringers, bulkheads and flooring if I were to make it into a center console type. I have most of the surplus materials necessary and wouldn't mind the project. BTW, its and OB.
Thanks

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got any pics. That would help us greatly.
I'll snap a few tomorrow in the daylight and post em'.
The stringers a pretty slim, and the bulkheads look just stout enough to carry the floor but am sure it stiffened the hull a bit. Of course, that part would go back in.
The L & R consoles provide substantial bracing from the gunnels to the floor though. That's mainly what I'm wondering if I can do without, and put a small walk around console in the center.
Thanks

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got any pics. That would help us greatly.
Here is a pic that shows how the consoles gusset the hull/gunnel to the floor.
This appears to be very substantial bracing. I'm wondering if I can cut all of that out to a basic open hull, then put the floor back with a CC to where one can walk by on both sides. Might have to do a double wall, and/or add a heavy laid up raised rib through that area.
Thanks

Attachments

• floor2gussets.jpg
    floor2gussets.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 18