Bayliner 2755 Ciera Sunbridge

BoatAddiction

Seaman Apprentice
I am looking at purchasing a 1987 Bayliner 2755 Ciera Sunbridge. Is there anything peculiar about this boat that I need to look for? I'm used to outboards and straight inboards, therefore, my experience with sterndrives is nil. Any advice will be appreciated.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bayliner 2755 Ciera Sunbridge

Spend a coupla' hundred bucks for a marine survey. If there is anything wrong it will be found then and there. Takes all of the guesswork out of it.

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

MR Addiction did you buy the 2755?

Im on my way up north to "steal" one tomarrow, a 93 model so I want to know what you did and found if you grabbed yours.

searchinferu

Cadet

Hmmm, be careful if you are not familar with older fibergalss boats. Rot can hide in transoms, decks, stringers, and even behind all that fancy upholstry that needs redone. Most boats have decks and transomes made of plywood with fiberglass layered on both sides. Water leaks in through cracks, mounting screw holes, and elsewhere. May look great, but hide a lot of problems.

The survey is a great idea and will save you thousands if you have overlooked something major. And, it can be a bargining chip in the purchase too.

Good luck. And, as you said.....let us know how the boat turns out. There are certainly some good deals out there .....and even more not so good.