battery wiring for 1750 Lund rebel

dwdavisrebel

Recruit
I disconnected and removed one of my 2 12 volt batteries for the Yamaha F115 hp engine for my Lund Rebel 1750 (to use for another purpose) and I now need to reconnect. The 2 12 volt batteries are connected to a 3 position switch (off, 1 battery and the 2 batteries. I seem to have lost my instruction for the wiring diagram for the system - my memory served me poorly and I failed. Any help will be appreciated - diagram or instructions.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
First, Welcome aboard

Second, assuming its a Perko. https://www.perko.com/help_guides-wiring_a_battery_switch/

Here is the schematic from their site
setb.jpg

dwdavisrebel

Recruit
Thanks much. I am slowly working on fixing my wiring mishap. I have the battery and switch wiring figured out but have a nest of small wires I need to figure out where they go. There are 3 small loose wires that were connected to the two batteries' that need to be reattached to one or both batteries. Battery enclosure is cramped so small wires are a bit hard to trace. I will keep you posted.

dwdavisrebel

Recruit
Yes, I realized what a fool I was shortly after attempting the reconnection. I normally take a photo and label wires and it must be age that caused me ignore (I am 80 - not really an excuse, just "my bad"). To get as far as I have now, while figuring stuff out, I have all the battery and ground cables labelled.

airshot

Rear Admiral
One trick I have used, is to get black and red zip ties, tie together all pos and neg wires, then it is simple to reconnect them, don't even need to use my pea brain to do it !!

dwdavisrebel

Recruit
Mission accomplished. I spent yesterday on the California Delta chasing Stripers. All systems seem to be fine with no fire, no sparks, and no burning cables/insulation smoke smell.
Thanks for your help messages.