Battery not charging and no spark

Cady8special

Seaman
Just picked up a boat. The battery doesn’t charge- same voltage running or not, around 12.7v. Also there is no spark in the second cylinder. It’s a 2002 Mercury 4 stroke, 3 cyl. I swapped coil packs and the same middle cylinder has no spark. New plugs. I believe this to be a stator issue, but would like some input before I order the part. We checked voltage at stator harness- 3 readings were about 40v and one was about 16. Any other tests I could do?

Thank you

Cady8special

Seaman
Just picked up a boat. The battery doesn’t charge- same voltage running or not, around 12.7v. Also there is no spark in the second cylinder. It’s a 2002 Mercury 4 stroke, 3 cyl. I swapped coil packs and the same middle cylinder has no spark. New plugs. I believe this to be a stator issue, but would like some input before I order the part. We checked voltage at stator harness- 3 readings were about 40v and one was about 16. Any other tests I could do?

Thank you
Did some more testing. Stator numbers - yellow/yellow reads 0. Green/green reads .6. I get 40v out of the two yellow leads so I think my rectifier is bad as far as the charging part. Weak spark in cyl 2. Wouldn’t jump 30 on spark tester. Would jump about 20. Does this sound like bad stator and rectifier?