battery/gas tank

kywildcat

Seaman
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I recently bought a 2000 Party Barge Regency with 90hp Mercury. I am attempting to upload a photo of the battery and gas tank setup. Does this look dangerous to anyone else, or is this a pretty standard thing on toons? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• pontoon2.jpg
    pontoon2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pontoon1.jpg
    pontoon1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0

Erk469

Seaman Apprentice
Re: battery/gas tank

That is a very bad idea..just my 2 cents...I would try to relocate the battery

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

I had a Hurricane 240 Midships and the battery and gas tank that shared the same compartment. Granted, it was a very large compartment (about 3 feet high, 8 feet wide, and 4 or 5 feet long) as it was made for an I/O option and I had the OB option.

That being said, that installation seems to be so stupid. On the pontoons that I have recently seen (boat shopping), the battery is either exposed under the sun pad or in a different compartment or area. One had the battery located under a shelf in the flip up "changing room".

So I would think that you should move it, perhaps to the other side?

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I would move the battery. The battery is dangerous enough just by its self and so is the gas tank. So the two of them together is just looking for trouble.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice foot in pic :D

just kidding, whats on the other side of the wall where the battery is now, looks like the batt cables come from that direction, my toon, the batt sits in the well in the back cavity, in a battery box, which would be the other side of that wall :cool:

JWRoberts

Seaman Apprentice

Definitely a bad idea. I would immediately move the battery.