Battery Charger - Can I Spit Charging Wires

Bassn7

Seaman
I have a single bank 10 amp deep cell charger. Can I split the wires and charge 2 trolling batteries at once? 5 amps each? Just slower to charge? Issues? Thanks all.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
bank= battery 1 bank =1 battery You would have to connect the batteries in parallel

Bassn7

Seaman
24 volt trolling motor set up. I want to charge both batteries with a single bank charger.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
You can charge them individually, likely without disconnecting them from the trolling motor. Just connect the charge to the first battery pos and negative. After it is charged, move the charger to the second battery pos and negative posts. If the trolling motor is turned on during charging, you will have a short circuit.

However, if you want to charge them both at the same time, you must disconnect the lead between the first battery negative post and the second battery positive post.

Then connect the charger to the first battery pos and neg and jumper from the first battery pos post to the second battery pos post, and from the first battery neg post to the second battery neg post. Make sure to follow the polarity of the charger.

If you install a battery switch, you can probably switch from parallel for charging to series for running the trolling motor, easily.