Basic Android charting?

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Had been using Marine navigator lite for years, perfect for my needs. Doesn't seem compatible with Android 11 though, and hasn't been updated since 2016. I need something very basic: charts (obviously, and i am partial to the NOAA raster charts), gps location, and bearing. A couple of decent programs I've found don't have offline capabilities. I'm willing to pay (though rather not of course), but I'm not willing to have a yearly subscription service.

Alumarine

Captain
Have you tried the Navionics app?
You can download areas and use them offline.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Have you tried the Navionics app?
You can download areas and use them offline.
Thought that was subscription. Reading the description I can't tell if you can still use the maps after the subscription ends

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Try Navionics. I cant see my phone in bright florida sunlight prior to it shutting down due to over-heat, so I bought a garmin unit years ago

Alumarine

Captain
Thought that was subscription. Reading the description I can't tell if you can still use the maps after the subscription ends
Mine still works after the subscription expires.
I tried to figure out what I'm missing but it's not anything that impacts navigating unless it's new obstacles that users find.

I can load it on multiple android devices as along as they use the same google play account.