Barrett Jackson Auction

LubeDude

Admiral
Anyone here going to the Barrett Jackson Auto auction in Scottsdale Arizona?<br /><br />My Boss is going, and a Doctor I work for ocationally has this car there this year.<br /><br /> Ferrari <br /><br />Im going to tape the whole thing if I can remember to set it, I will watch quite abite of it live though!

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Barrett Jackson Auction

Those aren't Fram filters on that Ferrari are they? ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's what it looks like to me and I thought Fram was bad.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Mmm! could it be that Fram filters are ok if used in pairs :confused: <br /> <br />Beautiful car though :cool: :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> Mmm! could it be that Fram filters are ok if used in pairs :confused: <br /> <br />Beautiful car though :cool: :)
You mean the French style Fram's? :D

JB

One of my favorite fantasy pastimes, LD.<br /><br />I buy half a dozen Deuseys, gullwings and a Bugatti Royale every year. This year I want to find a Grosser Mercedes 770K. :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> Mmm! could it be that Fram filters are ok if used in pairs :confused: <br /> <br />Beautiful car though :cool: :)
You mean the French style Fram's? :D
Doggie style Frams wooo wooo :D <br />Lets give credit to where it's due, some automobiles are definitely sexy ;) :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

obviously not going .. I catch a peek on TV tho.<br /><br />I miss going to the 'high end' auctions up at Elkhart Lake, WI. Fun to mosey around and see the cars that go on the block .. <br /><br />almost registered for bidding a few years back too. The Ex-wife fell in love with an XKE she wanted to paint with leapord spots appearing to be "blown" off the car.. like they were peeling off front to back kinda .. but, I came to my senses!<br /><br />always interesting to see who's paying what for which car ..

D

DJ

I'll be there. I hear that everything this year is going "no reserve" on the auction block. Not that I'm buying, mind you. :) <br /><br />There have been allot of interesting cars on the highways here in the last few weeks.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Isn't it kind of hard to change the oil filters without oil draining out all over the motor?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Isn't it kind of hard to change the oil filters without oil draining out all over the motor?
Not if you turn it on it's side. :D <br />Oh, you were serious. Sorry.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Isn't it kind of hard to change the oil filters without oil draining out all over the motor?
Shouldnt be a problem with the fram filters, they inherently have bad anti drainback valves.

JB

Oh, Wow! What a different focus this year!<br /><br />It was all about Coddington, Corvette, Chrysler (hemis), Chevy ('50s restorations and resto-rods) and Detroit muscle. They all sold for 2 to 10 times what they were worth a couple of years ago. $200 to $500 GRAND for 100 point cars.<br /><br />The cars my generation (except collectors)lusted for sold cheap. I bought a 512BB Ferrari, a '48 Lincoln Continental convertible, A '32 Lincoln V12 dual cowl phaeton and a '37 Pierce Silver Arrow and still had more than half of my fantasy million left.<br /><br />None of the cars I was watching for were there. No Grosser Mercedes, 280SL Mercedes, '57 Mark II Continentals or JB's other dream cars showed up.<br /><br />Star of the show was the 1954 Olds 88 concept roadster Motorama show car. One of a kind. Three million bux. Nothing else got over $600K.

sangerwaker

Commander

Saw a little of the auctions at the in-laws yesterday. Saw the Olds concept car go for the three million. Man, were ther some nice rides there! It would be fun to go and just oggle. I couldn't afford the spark plugs for some of those cars!