Bargain Boat Aquisitions

Streffpilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok. Here is the deal: list your best boat equipment buys here. Pics are appreciated as evidence.

I'll start as soon as I take a pic of my receipt.

Last edited:

Streffpilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bargain Boat Aquisitions

Ok. So here is my bargain. Aside from "free" boat and motor.

Smart tabs EDIT for $48. That's right a full set of brand new smart tabs for $48. In the bargain cave I guess someone took them home and opened them up just to decide that they didn't want to drill holes in their boat. All the pieces were there. Just installed today. Wonderfully simple installation, just reminded me how much I hate working with 5200.....sticky stuff. Attached receipt removed

Last edited by a moderator:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I figured you would be the first in line, Smoke. :D Me - I got no bargains. :facepalm:

LOL.. all ya need is a caviar appetite and a ramen noodle budget... you get good then

Someone on here once called me the "bottom feeder leader"..... I still chuckle about that :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

This thread isn't going to fly. Listing deals from retail stores who are in direct competition with Iboats? Nah...........

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I feel that no matter what the price is, any money spent on a boat is well worth it!

NYBo

Admiral

This thread isn't going to fly. Listing deals from retail stores who are in direct competition with Iboats? Nah...........
That was the first thing that came to my mind.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

mebbe we should edit out the store and receipt and continue with good deals on USED stuff aye?

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

When I was 16 or 17, I went to local boat dealer to purchase a Hydro Slide type knee board . The salesman showed me a demo board in the window- It was tagged $129 . It had two small scratches on the bottom and he said he would lower the price to $100. and walked me to the cashier handed the board to him and said " Please ring this up for $100. " and walked off.
I was handing over the cash and the cashier said " Hey this one is scratched, let me get you a new one" . :confused:
He took the scratched one away and returned with the new one.
Being a dumb kid I quickly left with my purchase.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Streffpilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey, you all missed the point. It's not WHERE it's HOW MUCH.

Doesn't matter if you got it on iboats, craigslist, local retailer, or your MIL.

we all know money's tight, so let's hear about the bargain, and maybe try not to step on a moderators toes. I guess.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Imagine if you were having a garage sale and someone plopped down on a lawn chair in your driveway and started a group discussion about the great deals they had been finding at the other garage sales down the road... Some of your customers might think twice before buying your stuff and go looking for these other garage sales.

You didn't put those chairs there for someone to drum up business for the Smith's sale down the road even if they didn't mean anything by it.

That's why I suggested deleting the receipt and editing out the name... "at a local shop" is good enough

Streffpilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I respectfully disagree, as I got a one time deal. No one else can go get that deal. But whatever. Unless you find a rule against it, I'm not changing it no matter how pushy the mods get.

Imagine if you were having a garage sale and someone plopped down on a lawn chair in your driveway and started a group discussion about the great deals they had been finding at the other garage sales down the road... Some of your customers might think twice before buying your stuff and go looking for these other garage sales.

You didn't put those chairs there for someone to drum up business for the Smith's sale down the road even if they didn't mean anything by it.

That's why I suggested deleting the receipt and editing out the name... "at a local shop" is good enough

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

well since you asked:
6. You may not post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise, advertise a business or product, or to solicit responses for contests, polls, or similar. This includes directing members to social networking sites.
The First post of a thread MAY NOT be used to advertise or promote a product, company, internet site, sale, individual, or service. If you wish to promote a product or internet site, please contact iboats for rates/permission. Please remember that iboats is a retail vendor of marine products and do not post anything that would be detrimental to iboats' interests.

BUT I'd call it a gray area... I certainly wasn't demanding anything... just suggesting that in the interest of being polite to our host you could choose to edit...... the mods certainly haven't gotten pushy with you... if they want to edit or delete they do it without you.. lol
BTW if we keep up this banter here the thread will get closed anyhow for "debating the rules" in open forum

Last edited:

roffey

Commander

My best deal was talking my wife into letting get a boat. After 35 years of no boat I finaly got my boat and have even talked my wife in to boating,, LOL she even wanted to purchas a new boat...

chriscraft254

Commander

Definitely the $400 bucks worth of old teak I got locally for $40 bucks. The $5 fender holder was pretty good to. :)

AChotrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

The 1200 dollar trolling motor that came with my boat for free was a pretty good deal IMO. I would have paid the same for the boat with or without it.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes, iboats is also running sales......it's the end of the regular season.

Now locally on craigslist there was a recent advertisement from a local boat dealer that was selling project boats for $1000 and a large selection. This is the time prices drop. People do not want to store another year, looking for holiday money, heating fuel money or just looking to downsize. For a savvy buyer this is the time to shop.

Ttigger

Cadet

I found a 1987 Sea Ray Seville 19 foot bowrider with a rebuilt OMC V6, remote control trolling motor with extra batteries, clean interior, tandem axle trailer with surge brakes and good tires, bow and cockpit covers, fish finder and a ton of toys and accessories for $1500.

It needed a good cleaning, polishing and a few minor odds and ends. Runs great!image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I respectfully disagree, as I got a one time deal. No one else can go get that deal. But whatever. Unless you find a rule against it, I'm not changing it no matter how pushy the mods get.

You didn't, so I did.... As has already been shown to you, it is against the rules (and spirit) of these forums... If you'd like to see how 'pushy' a mod can get, just ask... :mad:

This thread is EXTREMELY close to the line.... Let's all keep calm and not cause it to be locked or deleted. ;) :thumb:

Last edited: