band of brothers movie

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: band of brothers movie

I've watched my Band of Brother's DVD set about 5 times now....Still gives me chills....Love it....Best Christmas gift I've been given!

JasonB

Lieutenant

I vote that it is a great DVD set as well. i saw most on TV so my wife bought me the DVD set. One of the few DVD's I own.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Booner:<br /> When I was stationed at Fort Lewis WA we lived in Dupont. I lived next to a man named Sam Whitson that was one of the first American paratroopers. During WWII Sam jumped into France on D-day with the 101st ABN. He was very proud of what he did and very proud of his jump wings with the gold stars (gold stars represent combat jumps). He shared his stories with me I believe because I was a soldier and a former paratrooper. When I first saw the movie it reminded me of when Sam told me his stories of liberating France and fighting into Germany mile by mile. As I watched the movies it unfolded just like Sam’s stories “ Sam said the French girls were very appreciative of the American soldiers and showed it ”
Had a Uncle who jumped in then.. wound up with steel plates in his head until he died a few years ago.. also was missing other body parts.. he always admired the fact that we all joined the 82nd AireBorne... but still gave us a rash of crap for being in the 82nd.. not as we told him the Pucking Buzzards! :D :D You have BTDT and know what Im talking about.. ;)