Banana George turns 90!

sangerwaker

Commander
I posted this within another thread, but I felt it deserved it's own.<br /><br />Banana George Blair has been in the waterski biz for a very long time and is still barefooting actually. For any of you who have met him, he is quite a character. He just turned 90 a few days ago, and the folks at USA Waterski Headquarters threw him a very nice party.<br /><br />Here's a link to the full story.<br /> Banana George Party <br /><br />Be sure to check out Banana Mans home page. There are some pretty cool picture of him there. There is a link near the bottom of the page on the link I provided.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Banana George turns 90!

My inlaws live across the lake from him. Yellow dock and boat. Very cool. My daughters have gone skiing with him and thought he was the greatest. You are only as old as you think you are? I guess!

sangerwaker

Commander

That's pretty cool Gil! He loves kids. Glad your girls had a good time.<br /><br />He has always had an infatuation with yellow. Here's a picture of his 2003 boat. His 2005 will also be yellow, of course. He gets a new one every year or two.<br />
boat_banana_george01.jpg

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thats Lake Florence in Winter Haven, I believe. His car is yellow too I think. <br /><br />I think George is headed straight for my inlaws beach in this shot! Eat mo bananas! :D