Baitwell pump

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
570
Can anybody tell me why some baitwell pumps have two sets of wire leads and are connected to a three way switch. Could it be because these pumps are made to run forward and reverse (fill and drain the baitwell)?<br />Stalker
 

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
4,552
Re: Baitwell pump

Nightstalker<br />I have never seen one made to run backwards. To use as a fill and drain the fill line would have to be on the bottom of the tank. Also it you turned the motor off water would drain out of the tank.<br /><br />I have seen many that are set up to manual fill with the switch in one postion, off in the center, and auto/timer fill in the other position. The auto fill postion usually has a timer to run the pump intermitently to keep cool water and fresh water in the tank. The auto postion may have a adjustable timer to run the pump 30 seconds every 5 minutes or you can adjust up to 2 or 3 minutes every five minutes. This allows you to run the pump some to keep fresh cool water in the tank on a hot day and still not run your battery down.
 

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
570
Re: Baitwell pump

Thanks:<br /> I think thats what I have. I'll set her on auto and see if she runs intermitently.<br />Stalker
 
Top