Baitwell Project

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am building a baitwell to hold bait this summer. I might sell it it if it is succesful It hols 280 gallons of water.<br /><br />I built the frame and tacked plywood on, then I foamed the corners to give a nice radius,<br />
Photo__19.jpg
<br /><br />It looks like this when the PVC is removed<br />
Photo__27.jpg
<br /><br />Then I mixed up some thickened Epoxy and wiped it on the foam and laid some glass down<br />
P0002602.jpg
<br /><br />
Photo__50.jpg

Stefan Schmitt

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Baitwell Project

I don't know, but a 280 gallon baitwell? - That's over a metric ton in weight! Only someone with a rather large boat will be able to put that to use, I would think.<br /><br />Don't you think it would have been simpler and cheaper to buy a cheap plastic container (like they sell at Home Depot/Lowe's for storage) and make a plywood frame around that - even a cheap ice chest would have done the trick, I would think?<br /><br />Your certainly putting some admireable effort into this though.

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dr Bones, this is not for mah boat, but for my wharf rather. I am going to sell bait this summer, it will have 3 dividers for shrimp, pgey and finger mullet. I have 2 20 gallon ones on my work boat. :)

D

DJ

stauter99,<br /><br />Wow! That is quite a project you have taken on. It looks very nice though. Good Job.<br /><br />Good luck with your bait venture.

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm, being so close to WV here, I thought Mullet was a haircut.. You mean it's a fish?? :D :D :D <br /><br />-Roger