Bad weather blues...

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
At my place of work we've been planning a day out on the water for our staff, which WAS going to happen tomorrow. We've got 6 boats lined up (including mine) and we were going to head off to Motuhe Island in the morning and spend the day water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing etc... <br /><br />Unfortunately our luck's not looking so good. Today started off with perfect boating weather - but it's been getting progressively worse and tommorow they're forecasting gale force winds. GALE FORCE WINDS... :rolleyes: <br /><br />There's about 40 people involved, mostly female - and rescheduling at this time of the year is out of the question. This day had to be booked 6 weeks ago...<br /><br />Trying to book a boating day in advance for a large number of people certainly has it's challenges. <br /><br />We've got to come up with a "Plan B" and I guess it's got to be something indoors.<br /><br />Anyone got any ideas, comments or suggestions ?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Bad weather blues...

I feel your pain Kiwi.<br /><br />Living here in the Great Lakes region means seeing little sunshine from mid November through March. Very depressing. And the weather patterns are easily influenced. We had the worst summer weather wise. If it wasn't rainy and cold, it was windy. It messed up fishing patterns and made planning a fishing trip quite chancy. <br /><br />And of coarse, when the nice sunny, calm days popped up on days I had to work or had something else to get done! :mad:

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

There's about 40 people involved, mostly female ................<br />We've got to come up with a "Plan B" and I guess it's got to be something indoors.
This is a set up right? There's so many ways I could get my "Poof Count" up here. :eek: <br /><br />Come on Kiwi, you're in cahoots with JB aren't you. ;) :D

tylerin

Commander

[QUOTEThere's about 40 people involved, mostly female - and rescheduling at this time of the year is out of the question. <br />We've got to come up with a "Plan B" and I guess it's got to be something indoors.<br />] [/quote]<br />.<br />.<br /> I'm thinking "plan B" could be more exciting than "plan A" :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good point Mr LF :D there's a dangerous (yet somewhat provocative :rolleyes: ) mix of subject matter in this one......just one slip of the keyboard and.....(!!) :eek: <br /><br />Well I woke up this morning to the sounds of heavy rain and bad weather... :( <br /><br />How come the forecast's always wrong when you're trying to get something together...? :confused: <br /><br />And there's no point checking it on the news.... :rolleyes: <br /><br />...coz this Kiwi's got a case of...."Bad Weather Blues"... :( <br /><br />Take it away Moma..!! :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Never heard of bad weather here in Indiana???????<br />Feel your pain

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, Washington is world renowned for it's clear blue skies, inordinately small amount of rainfall, crystal clear beaches with tropical warm water year round, lakes rivers and streams with folks swimming year round in their warm waters...NOT!!!!!!!!!!! <br /><br />Fully understand your troubles, Kiwi!!! Someone here at work lastWednesady said "They are saying it going to rain today"...I said, "DUH!!! You live in Washington!!!" Everyone cracked up:-0

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> Well, Washington is world renowned for it's clear blue skies, inordinately small amount of rainfall, crystal clear beaches with tropical warm water year round, lakes rivers and streams with folks swimming year round in their warm waters...NOT!!!!!!!!!!! <br /><br />Fully understand your troubles, Kiwi!!! Someone here at work lastWednesady said "They are saying it going to rain today"...I said, "DUH!!! You live in Washington!!!" Everyone cracked up:-0
Here in Indiana we have 3 seasons, July, August, and Winter :p

ndemge

Commander

Fly em all to Florida and have a day on the water :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
Originally posted by spratt:<br /> Well, Washington is world renowned for it's clear blue skies, inordinately small amount of rainfall, crystal clear beaches with tropical warm water year round, lakes rivers and streams with folks swimming year round in their warm waters...NOT!!!!!!!!!!! <br /><br />Fully understand your troubles, Kiwi!!! Someone here at work lastWednesady said "They are saying it going to rain today"...I said, "DUH!!! You live in Washington!!!" Everyone cracked up:-0
Here in Indiana we have 3 seasons, July, August, and Winter :p
Hmmm...lucky dawgs!!! You got one more than we do...

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

40 people, mostly women, and your worried about the weather?

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

The weather may be garbage but at least we are looking into summer here and we can go boating all year round without needing an ice breaker.<br />I just had to say that, and I suppose that some of you northerners will get the cabin fever shakes just thinking about whats coming.<br />Snow is for the mountains and for skiing on.<br /> :) <br />Peter

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well the day didn't turn out too badly despite the weather. We went indoor GoKarting instead - did a 60 lap relay race with 10 teams...good fun ;) <br /><br />The weather's still a bit patchy around here, but I ventured down to Lake Karapiro in the weekend - and Wow! - that's one of the best water skiing spots I've ever seen...nicely sheltered from the wind, with water as smooth as glass :) <br /><br />BTW - Looks like I'd had a few whiskies when I last posted on this thread :D

sangerwaker

Commander

Stop it Kiwi! I hate it when others talk about "glass" and I'm not there to enjoy it!<br /><br />Glad your day worked out for the best despite the plans.<br /><br />Your luck sounds a lot like mine. Every time I plan some major get together on the water, the weather never cooperates.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Karapiro is a great stretch of water for skiing.<br />No matter where the wind is from you can find a sheltered spot somewhere.<br />You should go down there in the new year when they run the GP Hydro's on the lake. That is a real buzz. All those 500 cid blown engines being punished make a sound of their own.<br /><br />Real engines have 8 cylinders at least.<br /><br />Peter

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So, 40 wet t-shirts....... That's a problem???<br /><br />And a stiff wind to boot?<br /><br />Come on...............