Bad experience using online boat supply store

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey456

Seaman Apprentice
I just wanted to make fellow boaters aware of my recent transactions with "Ishopmarine.com." I placed an order with them and it was slow to arrive. So slow I sent an inquire via Email to ask the status. When it arrived, it was NOT what I thought I ordered. I was disappointed so I tried to call them but they didnt offer live support. Only voicemail. But the site and phone lines kept pushing to send an Email to inquire about orders and issues. I eventually had to Email them to complain and to my surprise, they refused to satisfy my order citing technicalities in their wording of the items advertised. Shoppers be informed when using certain boat websites.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Bad experience using online boat supply store

I've ordered from that company several times, with no problems at all.

You don't provide much information about what you ordered and what the problem was. It's pretty hard to judge what went wrong without more information.

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

This things happen when there is a One Guy Company behind a nice website thata really looks like a Big Company, I know exactly how you feel :mad::mad::mad:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i shopmarine is a large operation, with a good reputation, other than being higher price, and high shipping charges. especially now that you can order sierra parts from iboats, and BRP parts direct from BRP.
i have never had a problem with them, other than, they are slow on delivery.

explain more of your problem.

CATransplant

Admiral

You make a good point, TD. ishopmarine was really useful before BRP started selling parts directly. They had most of the parts you needed, as long as you knew the part number. In the wintertime, especially, I ordered from them, since the time involved was no big deal. When I need johnnyrude parts during the season, the local dealer is the best bet for OEM stuff, and my local NAPA store for the Sierra stuff.

I'll be interested to see if we get a more complete story on this. I know, though, that pretty much nobody accepts returns on electrical components, and for good reason. This incident may well have been a customer error, too, if the customer didn't correctly identify what was needed.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have bought from them several times myself.Never had a problem but yes,the shipping is slow.
Wonder what he ordered?

Moody Blue

Captain

Have also bought from those guys several times in the past. Shipping times to Canada were very reasonable and orders were complete and accurate.

Randybeall

Petty Officer 1st Class

Strange, I bought from them, got the wrong part. E-mailed them, received a phone call, returned parts at my cost and they shipped the correct part. My mistake in ordering I realized when I saw the part. Some things need to be very carefully identified before ordering, perhaps better going to a local store where you see what you buy.

CATransplant

Admiral

Strange, I bought from them, got the wrong part. E-mailed them, received a phone call, returned parts at my cost and they shipped the correct part. My mistake in ordering I realized when I saw the part. Some things need to be very carefully identified before ordering, perhaps better going to a local store where you see what you buy.

That's a very good point. It's easy to order the wrong thing on a website. Taking the old part in to the dealer and comparing it to the part you get across the parts counter really cuts down on mistakes.

It's so important to be absolutely sure you know what you're ordering before ordering it. When it takes a week to get something, you sure don't want to be sending it back. And, with electrical parts often sold on a no-return basis, it becomes absolutely essential.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I use them a lot.
Mostly because their website has some very powerful search engines that will lead you to the picture of the part that you are looking for.
In fact I use their search capabilities to dig out part numbers and then I try to find them cheaper on other websites

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i personally order my sierra parts from iboats.com, my OEM Johnson parts thru the BRP site, the reason, shipping is less. and much faster. i do use the ishopmarine site, to get cross reference parts from the OEM to sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.