Back from long hiatus boating....

Hello all! I've put the boat on the back burner for a few years unintentionally, but that's what happens when you let work take over. This year I decided to get it back in the water and have been working on it steadily. Man, boats don't like to sit that's for sure, but the electronics that are available today are incredible, with things like NMEA 2000 integrating your electronics, and the Navionics app on your phone or computer and being to navigate using them is pretty unreal. I have a lot to learn still, and some upgrading to do.

It's funny, getting older and working on boats, I guess many things... things you think will only take an hour or two takes the whole day or more. I definitely see it more working on the boat this year.

Anyways, I have started lurking and posting on here again in the Mercruiser forum when I feel I can offer some help to someone. It got me thinking of DonS and all the work and help he offered over the years here. I searched for the thread of his Tribute thread and found it:

https://forums.iboats.com/threads/don-s-final-arrangements.611501/

but the links to the video of his service over the sea doesn't open anymore. (post #78). I reached out and spoke with Rick (HT32BSX115) by PM back in 2015 about it and he mentioned he still had the video and photos in his hard drive. Rick and his wife piloted the plane and completed the service. It looks like he hasn't been on here in a while also.

We actually just passed the anniversary of his passing. July 19, would be 8 years this year. His obituary link is still active if you would like to revisit it again: https://harrisonfamilymortuary.com/book-of-memories/1637341/sindledecker-donald/obituary.php

Just wanted to reach out and say hello, and mention Don's anniversary.
Eric

tpenfield

Staff member
Greetings, Eric

I had not realized such time has passed since loosing Don S .

aspeck

Staff member
Welcome home, Eric! Thanks for the Don reminder. He is certainly missed around here.