Baby names...

eeboater

Commander
Has anyone else noticed that it has become people's goal in life to name their kid in the weirdest, most difficult way to spell possible?<br /><br />Last March, my boss names his new baby-girl Keely McKensie (first, middle)...<br /><br />Just last night another co-worker of mine had a baby who she named Kaitlyn McKenna (first, middle).<br /><br />I don't know... my name is Sean Michael... pretty friggin simple.<br /><br />Sean

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Baby names...

Shawn,<br /><br />Oh, I bet your name gets mispelled a lot . . . :D

txswinner

Banned

Simple name simple person. Could not resist too easy eeboater.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

How bout Geoff :D :D <br /><br />Yea, I agree, its the trendy yuppie thing to give you kid a goofy name. Maybe they think it will look good on a resume. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Interesting. My oldest grandson is Sean Michael.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Interesting. My oldest grandson is Sean Michael.
I heard your grandson was a pretty good guy too... must be the name... :D

one more cast

Captain

I know two brothers (not twins) who are named<br /> Shawn and Sean pronounced seen.

eeboater

Commander

They actually call themselves Seen? I've had people jokingly call me that - but I didn't think anyone would actually use that pronunciation.<br /><br />Sean

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

When I was a freshman in high school I was summoned to the guidance counselor's office like all freshman were....So when he asked me did I spell it "Geoff", I laughed and said "The gay way?". He said ,"No, the way my son spells it!" :mad: Funny, we never got along too well after that..... :D ....JK

GrandLarsony

Cadet

Just try and top this... <br /><br />My sister just named her new baby boy GOSSAMER ALTA MORTON (first-middle-last).<br /><br />Here's how it was explained to me: Tough pregnancy, high potential for miscarriage and lots of trouble along the way. Returning from Dr. visit (a good report, finally) she & hubby heard James Brown on the radio while disucssing possible Godfaters for the coming baby. Godfater Of Soul = James Brown. Letters GOS = Godfather of Soul... Roll "GOS" around in your head for a few days... come up with Gossamer. <br /><br />EVERYONE's first reaction is the same: "Hmmm... Is Gossamer a family name?". As everyone knows, that's code for "what a stupid name, are you crazy?".<br /><br />Second reaction is always along these lines: "Hmmm... is that for gossamer thread or something whispy and frilly or what?" "Isn't he a boy?". <br /><br />Mom then goes into a long discussion of how there are so many other "manly" references to gossamer. Yeah, right. Whatever.<br /><br />Oh, and since the snow ski every year at Alta Mountain, that's the middle name. He was conceived there last winter. That one I can handle.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

A/K/A, G. Alta Morton, I'm sure...Ya wonder what parents think....You know the kid is gonna take alot of heat....Kids are downright ruthless & MEAN when it comes to that sort of thing....JK

txswinner

Banned

My grandbaby was conceived on a trip to NYC at Thanksgiving, I wanted to call her Macy Parade, pronounce Pa Ra DAY or even Macy Day but got out voided but she is still the most beautiful, smartest yeah I am one of those grandfathers.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Like the the hollywierd dumba$$es that seem to be trying to top each other with off the wall names.<br /><br />examples;<br />Julia Roberts- <br />Hazel Patricia and Phinnaeus Walter <br />Nicolas Cage--Kal-el after superman<br />Gwenyth Paltro---Apple.....Friggen APPLE???!<br />And of course, there is Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's Rumer, Tallulah and Scout.<br /><br />And growing up I thought Abrahamson was a funny name<br /> :rolleyes:

magster65

Commander

My dad and his brother (Swedes) are Jaan (Yon) and Jaak (Yock). More to do with nationality than oddball parents but none the less, nobody ever pronounced them right until they used the english equivalents of John and Jack. <br />Ya' shoulda' gramma say jock strap...<br />I thought my uncle was a 'cup' for years :) :) :)

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by GrandLarsony:<br /> Just try and top this... <br /><br />My sister just named her new baby boy GOSSAMER ALTA MORTON (first-middle-last).
Why would anyone purposely set their kid up to get beat on later in life? :rolleyes:

harkawy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And how 'bout "Richard Head" and "Crystal Chanda Lear"?