baby boats

H20wens

Seaman
set up.jpgMy latest mods involved shifting the boat aft about 10 inches on the trailer, lengthening the drive support, and adding platforms at the front of the trailer to haul the Jet Ski's. I also relocated the anchor light over to the right side just forward of the aft cleat and added a ski pylon.P1060850.JPGP1060850.JPG

ziggy

Admiral
Re: baby boats

very ingenuous way to transport some extra skis h20. looks like yer gettin some double duty out of that nice swim platform too as a place to transport some jetski fuel to boot... cool....

yer doing way better than i am anyways. my latest mod was breaking my port side plexiglass hardtop window last weekend at the lake..:(

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ziggy

Admiral

i'm gonna guess it didn't change. he moved the boat back to compensate. my concern would be when the boats stored. w/o ski's. i'm gonna guess w/o the ski's, the tongue weight is pretty light at that point.... h20 will have to let us know i guess...

lots of guessing on my part, ay?.. :rolleyes:

H20wens

Seaman

I haven't measured the tongue weight with anything other than the un-scientific looks/feels about right method. I pull the ski's off the bunks when we get home to open them up and let them air out. W/out the skis I would estimate the tongue weight at around 50lbs or less. It is a little dicey if you go climbing up the back of the boat. I have it in the garage now replacing the gimbal bearing, boots, etc. I throw a jack under the trailer just be on the safe side. With the skis on, I guestimate the the tongue weight is in the 400 lbs range. A little on the heavy side, but not too bad. I will be adding a second axle this fall which should really stabilize things.