LubeDude

Admiral
Quote from admin:<br /><br />"You will notice the 60x60 pixel picture under my name on my posts now. All of you can upload your own images as well. Please note that the image is limited to 60x60 in size and requires that you have the picture stored on another hosting service/server. Please, please, please keep the file size of the image small (less than 4k please) so this site will still load quickly."<br /><br />We have been graciously given the oportunity to have avatars by the Iboats forum, and some are taking advantage of it. Lets police ourselves better and try to hold closer to the size they suggest before we lose the privalage all together.

NathanY

Commander
Re: Avatar images, Too Large

They should not be .gif images either, IMHO.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Pardon my ignorance, I'm not real puter smart, but I have a question about the 60x60 and the less than 4k size stuff..<br /><br />I just realized my avatar is 64x64 pixels, but the size is 2343 which would be less than 4k, correct?<br /><br />Am I ok? If not i'd be more than happy to change my avatar n/p....

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Just changed mine..sorry LubeDude......<br /><br />BTW LD,.......I note your avatar image is 3.K and 100 x 40 pixels. Thats 100*40= 4000,...60*60=3600..<br /><br />edit by me:..the file size is the "bytes", or the "amount", or "volume" of a file. This affects download and upload speed. The "pixels" value is the physical size of an image. Thus a 60 x 60 image appears smaller than a 100 x 100 pixel image. However, a 60 x 60 image, dependant on file format, could be larger regarding byte size. For example, .tif files are larger byte wise than .jpg files.

LubeDude

Admiral

I am not the pixel police, I just wanted to have people police themselves best they can. Im sure a little one way or the other, isnt a big deal, but some are approching huge. If Animations were not allowed, I would have thought the admin would have put a stop to it a long time ago.<br /><br />Im aware of the size of mine and figure Im right at 4,000 but some are in the tens of thousands. Honestly it doesnt bother me, I just think we should be a little more carefull to do as we were told to do. If admin dosent care, I sure do not.<br /><br />How about it admin, can we have animations, (GIFs)or not?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I know mine is oversized, being 140x160 pixs. However, I put it up there (by mistake), then tried to change it by "pick a new image" in my profile settings....No go. It won't allow me. Then, I tried to resize the pic it links to.....didn't werk iether.<br />I figure if it bugz admin, admin will fix it, or allow me to in the profile settings.<br />Who knows? Maybee they like it like that. I sure do.