Attack Of The Killer Tree

gonfishn

Commander
Was fishn with a fellow iboater the other day when I was attacked by the biggest tree ya ever saw..His lure had found that killer hidden log and was dismayed at the possibility of losing it.<br /><br />Being the friend I was I eased the Esox into postion while he attempted to rescue his favorite lure, not realizing I was about to be attacked by a huge overhanging tree.<br /><br />Next thing I felt was a huge limb with branches snatch my musky hat off and fling it into the drink. Before I realized it my half of the boat was surrounded by limbs branches and killer leaves. Two of my musky rods were next as a limb with leaves tried to snatch them out of the boat. Boys let me tell you I was in for the fight of my life. I had to break limbs and rip leaves from above to fight them off..<br /><br />When all was said and done my fishn bud did save his lure but he had to rest for an hour til his ribs quit hurting from his laughing so hard..By the time it was all over I had half the tree in the bottom of the boat. While cleaning the after math I did find my other lense from my glases wrapped in some leaves at the back of the boat<br /><br />The culprit that caused all this(no Names Here) did help me get rid of all the debris that was left after this attack.. He may have something to add but what goes around comes back around as something later on happened to him..This could have been worse had I been into the beer like he was later on....

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Attack Of The Killer Tree

Gonfishin, you just need to Mellow out. By the way, what color was that lure? It wasn't Yellow was it?<br /><br />Yer right though, its better not to name names! ;)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

LMAO,<br />Yeah, sounds like you could use a nice cool drink. Maybe an ice cold Mellow Yellow would fit the bill. :D <br />Liked the story, those trees are vicious. You are lucky you got away with your scalp. <br />Speaking of scalps, how's the hair?<br /><br />Chappy

LadyFish

Admiral

Maybe next time you'll put an axe in your tackle box just in case the 'killer trees' strike again.
13.gif
<br /><br /><br />I'm sure this is just one of many great stories.
21.gif
<br /><br />Don't be shy, I want details. :p

gonfishn

Commander

No stories all true...I will say that there was a wet t-shirt contest and the participant won hands down..I missed half of that cause I was battling a bat that thought my hair was a nice place to rest.. :D

bubbakat

Captain

Whoa! :eek: Hold on there pard. Now!! Lets get back to the wet T- shirt contest. :confused: <br /><br />You two didn't happen by chance, run into any of those juke joints like we did at watts did you? :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I think it was a setup, The snag and the offending tree had to be in on this toghether. Beware of the trees!!! It's a conspiracy i tell ya.

gonfishn

Commander

Your kinda right Neaumans..it all has to do with a mitchel reel,some night fishn and add some Labatte brew into the mix and you have a scene that well lets just say it will be talked about for some time<br /><br />MY now has stories to tell like Spinner and Bubbakats run in when fishn with me..lol

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

for the record, you let the cat outa the bag GF.<br />he was nice enuff to navigate to where I got<br />snagged under a big oak, but don't think he was<br />paying much attention :p <br />I was kinda busy trying to unsnag, but turned back<br />for a sec. and noticed one of his poles sticking<br />up and said; "better watch yur pole"...<br />5 seconds later, I had my mepps back and GF was<br />in the middle of a huge bunch of branches with no<br />hat or glasses on. I still don't know how his line<br />on that pole got wrapped around that branch 5 times????<br />the funniest part was him trying to fish and steer<br />the boat with one lens in his glasses as he didn't<br />find lens #2 till hours later. kinda like popeye<br />with one eye shut :p <br /><br />as for the wet t-shirt contest... I was the only<br />contestant :rolleyes: <br />after 1am and me and skeeter was having a few<br />beverages as I had a minnow on my line. black<br />pole and my fav. black mitchell 306 reel are hard<br />to see at night. not paying as much attention, then<br />wham! there goes my best pole! now the water was <br />real high at the lake and there was about a foot <br />of water before you got to the normal shoreline<br />and it drops off to about 3 feet. when I saw my <br />pole go, I jumped almost face first to try and <br />grab it and got a "little" wet...<br />here's the funny part:<br />after all this, skeeter grabs a flashlight and low<br />and behold, there's my pole about a foot from where<br />I had it laying in about 3 inches of water! LOL<br /><br />luckily the catfish on the other end was only <br />about 10 inches long or it would have been gone<br />for good.

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG y'all are killin me, my sides hurt from laughing at you two.
8.gif
<br /><br />Kinda like 2/3's of the three stooges.<br /><br />Sounds like you both had a great time.
54.gif

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Another case of barking up the wrong tree :D <br /><br />Time to "leaf" this post as I "wood" not want to "branch" out into the "root" cause of the problem. Next time you want to chase something "al lure ing" be sure it don't hook ya.<br /><br />Nothing like a close brush with nature<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

bubbakat

Captain

Yeah right you and gonfishn expect all us good natured, kind hearted folks here on this forum to believe that story. :D Good thing I didn't get to come or the truth would be heard. :D :D <br /> Me thinks, ladyfish they were passin around a big ole jug of that kickapoo joy juice and someone lost it. ;) ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Oh MY.... The mental picture... Ya'll are just toooo much!.... :D :D :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Boy can I picture that! Be glad it wasn't one of those Locust trees. You both would be hurtin big time. :D <br /><br />Dang it! Jus 2 hours away an I missed it!

gonfishn

Commander

Ya know there isn't anyone of you here that can say strange things don't happen to you when your out on the liquid..Be it fishn or mechanical..I am just not afraid to admit I am not perfect :D <br /><br />I bet you can count on one hand when nothing went wrong and when it was a perfect day..No backlashes,losing a lure,trimming a hidden stump or other strange events..<br /><br />Although I do catch my prey,i also provide entertainment to those who have been with me...Just ask Spinner,MellowYellow or BubbaKat...and in the same breathe they are not mistake free either..Mine is more intense :eek: <br /><br />Hmmmmm where is the next get together...I can see in years to come that the escapades of Gonfishn will will told around many a campfire.. :D

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Holy Crap!!! If that battle took place without the aid of BEER.....I would guess that you would not be here today to tell us all that tale if beer was involved.<br /><br />By the way where do you fish....I am either going to stay far away or bring a camera....Have not decided yet.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

in defense of GF, these 2 short events happend<br />over a stretch of 2 days of hard/serious fishing.<br />we only lost 1 lure, but that's a whole other story :p