Ate my prop, suggestions for replacement?

RavenTBK

Cadet
Re: Ate my prop, suggestions for replacement?

Holy thread revival, Batman!

Greetings folks. Now that its getting warmer, or should I say freaking hot, I am starting to dedicate more free time to this money pit. So I'm back at it again. Here's the latest, hopefully I can get some more positive feedback through this:

I paid my friend $20 to just keep the borrowed 19p prop I mentioned a few posts up. Kinda chunked up aluminum job, but its still in better shape than the 17p that I blew apart.

I've replaced some soft floor panels, and verified the foam is not waterlogged. The boat is simply damn heavy. I plan on tossing it up on the truck scale probably later on this weekend just for curiosity sake.

The more I play with it, I am beginning to lean towards the Johnson 90 to be too little motor for the boat. The ratings tag shows a limit of 140hp.

The motor has been gone through - spring cleaning - by a DIFFERENT shop than who rigged up the motor last year. Everything is in good order. 125psi +/- 2 all around, great spark, carbs cleaned, loose throttle linkage adjusted. I have been told there is no more power that can been squeezed from this engine, without switching carbs from a higher rated brother of the v4 crossflow series.

The motor height has been verified as acceptable. Measured as 3/8" above the keel.

Basically, everything I've been asked, is all good - short of a hook in the hull.

Unless there's some new insight, I guess I'm back to the prop. Current WOT on the 13x19 is 4200. Lugging it, I know. A majority of my outings so far have been idle speed, or just off idle putzing up the slow parts of the river.

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ate my prop, suggestions for replacement?

If your looking for a new prop, I-Boats has a good sale going on right now on Solas aluminum props. I just bought one for $85. Reg price was $139. Good prop, no problems at all with it.

red