As I sat there last night...

eeboater

Commander
I got to thinking...<br /><br />If you ignore the bad acting, Smokey and the Bandit is actually a pretty good movie. I mean, check out the CAR:<br /><br />
77tapf.jpg
<br /><br />And then, even though I'm only 25, and I was just young kipper when the movie was released....<br /><br />Sally Field isn't hard on the eyes!!<br />
sallyfield2.jpg
<br /><br />Pleeease... oh please oh please will summer come soon....<br /><br /><br />Sean

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer
Re: As I sat there last night...

You are correct on all observations. <br />And I realize now, that the winter leaves us with way too much time on our hands.<br /><br /> :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Yeppers EE... Sally was in looker in our day.<br /><br />Geesh..... I'm only 49 and sounding like an Old Fart already..."in our day". :eek: <br /><br />Would luv to have that car too!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sally Field is still a very attractive chick.<br /><br />And. . .she is one of the most talented actresses/producers/directors out there in Wierdwood.<br /><br />She is still beautiful with no make-up, her hair a mess and wearing a feed sack.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I love that movie. It is as stupid as stupid gets, but man I love that car.<br /><br />I will own that 79 Firebird one day.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Gotta luv the names of the characters too...<br />Cast overview, first billed only: <br />Burt Reynolds .... 'Bandit'/Bo Darville <br />Sally Field .... Carrie/'Frog' <br />Jerry Reed .... Cledus Snow/'Snowman' <br />Mike Henry .... Junior <br />Paul Williams .... Little Enos Burdette <br />Pat McCormick .... Big Enos Burdette <br />Jackie Gleason .... Sheriff Buford T. Justice <br />Alfie Wise .... Patrolman at traffic jam <br />George Reynolds .... Sheriff George Branford (Deeson County, Arkansas) <br />Macon McCalman .... Mr. B (tanker truck driver) <br />Linda McClure .... Waynette Snow <br />Susan McIver .... Hot Pants Hilliard <br />Laura Lizer Sommers .... Little Beaver (lady truck driver) (as Laura Lizer) <br />Michael Mann .... Branford's deputy <br />Lamar Jackson .... Sugar Bear (mechanic at Lamar's Sportsmens Club Inc.) <br /><br /><br />I luved Gleason's line.... "We're in Hot pursuit"!.... (guess you could say that regarding some of us and Sally Field! :D )

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /><br />I will own that 79 Firebird one day.<br /><br />
You and me both Ken!!!!<br /><br />I bought my last Grand Cherokee used at a Pontiac dealership. Sitting in the lobby was the identical car to the one the Bandit drove sitting there BEGGING me to buy it. All for a measly 16 g's. Was a bit out of my price range at the time. But man did I drool over that thing as I waited for the paperwork to get filled out. <br /><br />I love to be sitting in the driver seat as I fire up that 6.6 Litre V8 watching the she shaker in the hood shudder.<br /><br />Gahhhhhhhhhhhh....
38.gif
<br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Yeppers EE... Sally was in looker in our day.<br /><br />Geesh..... I'm only 49 and sounding like an Old Fart already..."in our day". :eek: <br /><br />Would luv to have that car too!
KaGee: Try not to be offended: You are a fart knocking on the door of old. In fact "Kicking it in" is more appropriate. I am a charter member with 5 + years. Sally was a doll. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Hey NY...<br /><br />
15_4_122.gif
<br /><br /> :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Did I mention I get a AARP discount? :D
Ya know it's getting bad when the kid at the checkout gives you the SENIOR DISCOUNT without asking for your ID or any other card! :(

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Did I mention I get a AARP discount? :D
Ya know it's getting bad when the kid at the checkout gives you the SENIOR DISCOUNT without asking for your ID or any other card! :(
Happened to me and teh wife in Alabama last year!!! Couldn't believe it!!! I didn't even qualify!!!!!!!!!! Dagnabbit, little wet behind the ears punk!!!

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Smokey and the Bandit was a 1977 movie.<br />'77 Trans Am pictured above also. My Uncle had a '79 and it looked different. Mostly in the nose. I think they were down to the 4.9 liter 301ci engines in '79 also(but I could be wrong on that one, might have still been an option). I had a '74. I liked the round headlights better.<br /><br />Dave

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

1979 TA<br />
000369-200412-000109big.jpg
<br /><br />1977 TA<br />
77tase.gif
<br /><br />1974 TA <br />
000285-200307-000068big.jpg
<br /><br />All pretty cool looking cars. I alwayd did like the Firebird over the Camaro (had both).

aspeck

Staff member

Original Smokey and Bandit Trans Am is the 50th Anniversary 1976 edition. Made about 1800 of them, and only 500 with a T-top. I sure wish mine had a T-Top, but I will take the solid top. It has about 42,000 miles on it. <br /><br />Sally may be eye candy, but the car is nicer!<br /><br />I could be wrong, but I believe the car pictured above is a 77 bird, and from Smokey and the Bandit II.

aspeck

Staff member

Dave, in 79 Pontiac offered the 10th anniversary T/A. It differed from the 50th anniversary T/A in 76 because 76 was the 50th anniversary of Pontiac Motor Division, 79 was the 10th anniversay of Tranny's.<br /><br />Yea, they are sweet cars. I have the 50th Anniversary, brother has the 10th Anniversay, and also an 89 T/A. Yea, we like 'em! Wish we had more! HA!

eeboater

Commander

79...74...77...<br /><br />No matter... they ALL git' up 'n GO!!!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Eh..It was an "ok" movie. But I liked 007 "Live and Let Die" boat chase scene best!<br />"What are you, boy? Some sort of G33 D333 one-man doomsday machine ?!"

ebbtide176

Commander

i got to ride in many 74-80 zams :D a spoiled guy drove his dad's bandit to school. it had the t-tops & chrome rollbar. the local deputies drove 77 & 78 firebirds with modified engines that hit a mean lick. all white with gold letters & red interior (i think all had red, they had @ 4). they ran headers, duals, and 4 speed trans. :D <br /><br />(edit: i mean hittalick, not stock = hi lift cams+. modified by gatornationals champ cotten perry, who had a garage in the middle of town :D )

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> "What are you, boy? Some sort of G33 D333 one-man doomsday machine ?!"
You forgot.... "So_ B_tch!"