AristoCraft Color Cruise

ziggy

Admiral
Re: AristoCraft Color Cruise

hope everyone has a great time. still wish i could go, but that's not happening...

someone please take lots of pics and post them up so us folks that don't live close can see what we missed..

sure sounds like a great time.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

At this point, We are planning on meeting at Mary Alice park in Cumming GA, at 10 AM. We will then cruise north to skogies resturaunt for lunch. and return the Mary ALice park. this is the plan at the moment, looks like there will be 7-9 boats coming, so should be a good time. I have one of them in the shop now getting a new coupler on, then H20Owens, and two others from this site, me, my father, and two other uncles. Should be a good time!

motherofdog

Cadet

Hi Scott,

Should be a perfect weekend for fall color, wish our AristoCraft were anywhere near ready. Please take lots of photos, would love to see the 7-9 that are there.

Jerri

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like great weather. We will be meeting/leaving from mary alice park at 10 sat. morning! we will then head to fish tales where up the creek was. see you there!

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Have a great time and send lots of pics. I would much rather be there.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

shaping up to be a pretty weekend! H20 Owens, are you coming still?

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

I hope all went well. I wish I could have been there. All went well here and she is in a regular room making a full recovery. There doesn't appear to be any physical or cognitive loss. She looks a little like frankenstien with all those staples though.

we will be able to go home soon and I am looking forward to the cruise pics. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

H20wens

Seaman

Aw #$^@^%! I tore my trailer apart a couple of weeks ago and was not able to get it back together in time. So much for best laid plans..... How did it go? How about some pics?

ziggy

Admiral

glad to hear the mrs. is doing well db. godspeed to her full recovery.

h2o, i can't believe ya took yer trailer apart just prior to the color cruise. that was bad timing for sure... ;) i'd have given anything (except driving 1300 round abouts miles and missing a weeks worth of work) to go on that cruise....

AristoCraft.... ya got pics...... please..... :)

H20wens

Seaman

Well, it was one of those quick projects that was started - delayed - delayed again and before I knew it I was out of time..... So yes, bad timing on my part.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, had a great day, fun cruising around with the boats, and there was a good number of the family there, including the founder of Aristocraft. I will get some pics up soon!

Glad to hear the surgery went well!!!!

ziggy

Admiral

I will get some pics up soon!
were licking out chops in suspense..... ;)

tell Claude Hi. i'm a fan of his.... the family too... glad ya had a great time. sure wished i'd have been there. i packed trailer wheel brgs in my worthless white rock driveway instead...:( i saved the most fun job for the last deed before winter.. least i'm ready for the 'off season' what a bummer for us northern folk..

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

It may be the wrong spot, but, I can't thank you guys enough for your thoughts and prayers and we were there with you guys in spirit.

I hope you wouldn't be offended if I decided to fly an Aristocraft burkee from the Formula.

ziggy

Admiral

I hope you wouldn't be offended if I decided to fly an Aristocraft burkee from the Formula.
i'll venture a guess that AristoCraft won't mind. but i bet the formula guys might take issue with ya... :D

H20wens

Seaman

P1000893.JPGP1000896.JPGP1000887.JPGP1000883.JPGI thought I would post some pics showing the results of my poor timing (trailer mods)

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

I like the bunks on your trailer better than the ones on mine. Yours has 4 and mine is just 2 wide ones. Glad to see someone is still posting this section.

ziggy

Admiral

Glad to see someone is still posting this section.
yep, it has been a shade slow on the aristocraft board. perhaps it's that time of year. (-2*F out right now)

good looking trailer mods h2o. looks like ya got the same ez loader trailer i got. same color even.
i assume your trailer was a roller trailer like mine. good idea for when the rollers go bad.
could you have gotten replacement rollers?
if ya could/can. i suppose they would be pretty expensive compared to 4 boards and a little carpet i suppose.
anyways, looks good and will be food for thought for me when my time comes (rollers go bad). i'll be interested in hearing how ya like the launch/retrieve with bunks vs. rollers. my ez loader is my first roller trailer and i think i like it.

nextdoor

Cadet

Ok it been a long time since I was here. All to much sad stuff going on until now. My 18teem has been in the shops for months now. Started out with rotten motor mounts. Repaired and then asked the question as to how much to re fiberglass the Hull. Decided since motor was out and putting in a new gas tank, it was time to tackle the hull issues. Out drive mounting was removed and forun some rotten wood there also. Gee, the thousands just keep adding up. My trailer was a roller trailer and all too often did a lot of damage, when trying to load in rough waters, etc. So had the trailer changed over to bunks while the hull was off and turned upside down for new gel coat. They matched the blue color perfectly. Motor shop has was closed for Xmas and thru New Years. Now they are just returning form factory update classes! I just might have my boat by spring! I sure would like to have some areas redone on the top, but all too much spent, as I am paying both shops 95 per hour!!!! I think I need to change careers. I will send photos and let you know how everything turns out! I know my photos looked shinny and great, but you could not see all the blisters on the bottom. Gone NOW!

H20wens

Seaman

Actually, I did replace ten rollers last summer. I just don't like them. This mod should make it a true "drive on" trailer without all of the black scuff marks on the hull. If it works as I hope, you can have the rollers.